Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called my Honda Dealer here in Albuquerque NM for a black seat cowl and they told be that the rear seat cowls for the 1000RR are backordered with no ship date! :crying: WTF?!?

I am getting ready to move to Mildenhall UK and just sold my 929RR to a good home and bought a 1000RR to take to England and wanted to get the seat cowl before I leave in Jun. Does anyone know of a dealer who has one that I can call and order from?

BTW: 25miles to go before break-in is completed! :evilaugh:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BDA116 said:
You could always buy one over there.
I think the price would be better here in the states and what about the difference between the UK and US parts?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I have no idea what the price difference would be, although I can't see it being much more expensive there.
As for difference in parts? There is none.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Ron Ayers is backordered. Bells Honda has them, go to 1000rr.net and the info on Bells Honda is there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ReaperAZ said:
Just buy a 600RR cowl...fits just fine, and IMHO looks better.

Dano
There is no problem with seat cowels over here, any dealer will mail order it to you no problem, just check out the web for dealers close to your base. Mine cost me £150.00 including tax.
There is a superb race track just up the road from mildenhall called Snetterton with a frighteningly fast flat out straight - check it out, they do quite a few bike track days.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ReaperAZ said:
Just buy a 600RR cowl...fits just fine, and IMHO looks better.

Dano

You got a pic of it on the 1000RR? You know the saying... looks are subjective.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gee that sucks about having to wait for ur rear seat cowl. You would think they could give you a estimate on when it will arrive. I just bought the new 1000RR & told them to put on a rear seat cowl before i took it out of the shop..... 2 days later it arrived..
Guess i just got lucky.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts