Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering to get CBR1000RR for my next bike, I am using it mostly on the road, how stable is it? says... not so flat roads, a little dip on the surface here and there... ??? thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello from France.
don't worry about stability of CBR1000RR. i have done 20 000km with the 2007 model and actually close to 13000 with the 2008 model, and i never met any problem of stability.

Bye

·
Registered
4 Posts
not at all.
basically i use it daily on raod/street and sometimes on track for fun.
this is a very good bike with a very safe attitude (i don't know if it the right words).
you could be confident in this bike.
bye

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have put 5200 miles on mine in the 3 months since i brought it home and can say its fantastic. It was my first street bike and took me about two hours to get comfortable with it and about 2 months of hammering on it to really get comfy. I motor all over Southern California including everyday to work with no worries. You will love it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am thinking about the break :) I am comparing to the break power of those K1200 BMW, I heard they have solid breaking system, but I have a feeling BMW is going to be just to stable, no thrill!

What do you guys think about the break? K1200 more solid than CBR1000RR?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i don't know the K1200S braking system.
i have experienced the 1150RT one.
in any case, i have a very good feeling the CBR one. Power full,easy to use, good feeling, efficient.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am thinking about the break :) I am comparing to the break power of those K1200 BMW, I heard they have solid breaking system, but I have a feeling BMW is going to be just to stable, no thrill! What do you guys think about the break? K1200 more solid than CBR1000RR?
On my K1200S, I've done hundreds of max effort breaking passes from 140 mph on the race track. The non-telescopic front suspension is dive-resistant, the long wheelbase reduces stoppies. The ABS system is non-intrusive: there is no buzzing or chattering as on automotive or other motorcycle ABS systems. So far I've never met a sportbike on the racetrack I can't out-brake.

That said, the K1200S is fairly heavy and slow to turn. It's not bad in sweepers, but in tight technical courses it requires lots of body English and pure force to quickly flip it left/right. The weight and high hp chew up the back tire quickly.

The 2005-2006 K1200S has a servo-based braking system; you can hear the servomotors whine as brakes are applied. It's often criticized for having less feel and feedback than other bikes. The 2007 and later K1200S has non-servo hydraulic brakes. Performance seems the same, but it's a simpler system with better feedback.

At one trackday I went head-to-head with an '08 CBR1000RR. It was tremendously fast, the only liter bike I've run against that just walked away from me on the straight.

Pure sportbikes have shorter wheelbases, so can be more prone to stoppies. This also can make them less stable under acceleration, but modern steering dampers control this.

In general I wouldn't worry about stability on an '08 CBR1000RR. If you want the added reassurance of ABS, that's available on the '09 model. I'll probably get one for track use.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I drive on Crappy roads every day, 50 mi/day and have no problems other than the fact that I would rather NOT be on crappy roads! It is very stable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool, thanks everyone!!! I feel much more secure about it now... can't wait to get one on the road :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you use your Blade dirt tracking! wow... that is crazy mate, is that even possible? that is some cool stuff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts