Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,134 Posts
Just came across this.... I was about to post but i searched first :D

This bike RIPS! I cannot believe that a bike with this much power handles as well as many of the 600's I've ridden lately. The new CBR doesn't do much wrong, it steers like a little bike and has the power of a locomotive.

The engine pulls from just above idle all the way to the rev limiter without a "hit" anywhere. The engine pulls harder with each rpm, but it is as "linear" as I have ever felt. You don't realize how fast this bike is until you hit your brake marker a lot sooner than you expected. Then you quickly learn to appreciate the brakes because with one finger on the front brake lever the correct entry speed is just a light squeeze away. The brakes are as wonderful as the rest of the package, strong and usable.
Wow! Again, i'd like to say I'm suprised but I'm not. I am suprised by this statement by Dirck.

Honda claims this all adds up to the best sport bike it has ever produced, combining racing prowess with user-friendly, steetable performance.
I had no idea about them saying that, (in cartman voice) kickass!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,132 Posts
You beat me to it - I just read the review on motorcycledaily.com, and I must say that it's great to hear such a glowing review already about this bike. With all the speculation (and my lukewarm feeling about the way the bike looks) I've been concerned about Honda not keeping up with the competition, but based on this review, I'm feeling a little more comfortable that maybe they're on the right track. Exciting stuff!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
bwhip said:
You beat me to it - I just read the review on motorcycledaily.com, and I must say that it's great to hear such a glowing review already about this bike. With all the speculation (and my lukewarm feeling about the way the bike looks) I've been concerned about Honda not keeping up with the competition, but based on this review, I'm feeling a little more comfortable that maybe they're on the right track. Exciting stuff!
Don't count your chickens before they're hatched... This was also stated in the article..

"Is the new CBR 1000RR better than the Kawasaki ZX-10R? I don't think so. The CBR feels at least 20 pounds heavier and feels a little slower in a straight line."

Once again, I'm afraid we're down on power, especially given the extra weight. I've been a long-time honda customer but I'm doubting that my next liter bike will be the RR. We'll see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,568 Posts
blade954 said:
Don't count your chickens before they're hatched... This was also stated in the article..

"Is the new CBR 1000RR better than the Kawasaki ZX-10R? I don't think so. The CBR feels at least 20 pounds heavier and feels a little slower in a straight line."

Once again, I'm afraid we're down on power, especially given the extra weight. I've been a long-time honda customer but I'm doubting that my next liter bike will be the RR. We'll see.
If you can use even 90% of the power either bike provides, you should at LEAST be in the AMA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
ND4SPD said:
If you can use even 90% of the power either bike provides, you should at LEAST be in the AMA
In defense of power:
Whenever you accelerate using full throttle, you're using 100% of the bike's available power. This could be when you're coming off a corner; when you're drag racing our buddy; when you're passing a semi... ;)

I'm quite sure you were alluding to the fact that having a bike with a lot of horsepower doesn't mean you'll be able to to turn fast laps on a racetrack, or get to the end of a twisty road faster than someone on a bike with less power...and or course, that's true. But to play devil's advocate, any rider who can twist the throttle to the stop 'can use even 90%' (and more) of the power. :D

I'm surprised to read that bit about the RR feeling heavy. We know that it IS heavy (based on the weight 'rumors' we read a couple months ago), but I figured the centralized mass stuff would make the bike feel lighter than it is. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,298 Posts
TAZ said:
In defense of power:
Whenever you accelerate using full throttle, you're using 100% of the bike's available power. This could be when you're coming off a corner; when you're drag racing our buddy; when you're passing a semi... ;)

:wstupid: :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
728 Posts
blade954 said:
"Is the new CBR 1000RR better than the Kawasaki ZX-10R? I don't think so. The CBR feels at least 20 pounds heavier and feels a little slower in a straight line."
I saw the Kawi at the motorcycle show and thought is looked cheaply made (POS), in typical Kawi fashion. Honda for me please! Examples are the cheap looking exhaust, hoses hanging down, controls, loose fuel tank (designed this way) etc. :smilebig:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
Mako said:
This test is a good sign, but means very little. I have a deposit on the new 100rr and the R1 and will wait for dyno numbers and magazine head-to-head tests to decide which one is the real McCoy!
Ooooh! 100RR? Maybe I'll get one for my kid!
:rotfl: :smilebig:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
ULEWZ said:
I saw the Kawi at the motorcycle show and thought is looked cheaply made (POS), in typical Kawi fashion. Honda for me please! Examples are the cheap looking exhaust, hoses hanging down, controls, loose fuel tank (designed this way) etc. :smilebig:
:metoo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
The power/weight issues are all academic for me. I don't need anything faster than my 954. Overall ergo's and looks are most important to me. And for street/freeway riding, excuse me, full throttle on a 954? Are you guys serious?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top