Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I recently bought a cbr1000rr and have rebuilt it everything was fine until the other day I went to air up my back tire then start it and it keeps dying got a new battery and still dies when I let off the throttle

I start it up in neutral, hold throttle just to give it a lil gas to warm up once I let go of the throttle it idles barely at 1k then dies
I was told this bike doesn’t have a idle adjustment screw so now I’m confused on why it keeps dying has full oil shifts in every gear I could use a new starter tho help please

· Registered
7 Posts
Maybe its a good check to see if your stator still works. that is the part that charges your battery when it's running. Firts, measure the voltage on the battery (should be 12 volts DC), then start the engine and measure the voltage on the battery again. It's okay to give it a bit of throttle. You should measure about 14 volts DC then. Make sure you are measuring DC and not AC ;) . If the stator is broken the battery won't charge, so it will just drain. And with an empty battery your fuel injectors won't work either, that may be why it isn't running well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts