Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all!

I've just recently bought a CBR 400 RR, NC29 and I love it! I'm a shiney new rider and the bike is perfect for me. I'm asking this question out of curiousity, not out of impatience. My bike will do me for a good while longer, as I'm still learner to ride. (Got my module 2 test to pass) Even after that I expect to be learning to ride for at least another year. But although I'm not in a rush to upgrade I'm the kind of person who likes to plan ahead. I was wondering what kind of upgrade you would all suggest once I have mastered the 400? I'd love to jump straight to a fireblade, and my mate says that it wont be a problem. (He went from a GSXR 400 to a CBR 600 RR and feels that he should have went for a faster bike)

So I was just wondering what all you experience people thought? Thanks for your input. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
completely (mostly) off topic - why do european countries get the cool smaller bikes and the U.S. market starts with horrible looking bikes??!?!?! The only half-decent smaller bike is (in my opinion) the Ninja 250R, which is still not a HONDA!! I want to see CBR400RR's in the U.S. /sigh

on-topic, the U.S. version fuel injected '08 cbr600rr with a K&N filter (my bike) dyno'd at 101.61 whp and could make it to (-1 vortex front sprocket) 140 mph in about 10 seconds, this is more than fast enough for many years for a newer, upgrading rider!

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
I'd love to jump straight to a fireblade
I did :D and it was great.. More that a little different though, and I have a huge amount of respect for my Blade :thumb:

I do also have my YZF600R Thundercat for my daily commute and it's just perfect for that.. More than enough oomph for the motorway and nimble enough round the country lanes..

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
A FireBlade will feel MUCH more powerful that the 400. My jump was from a 600 to a 900 and the 900 felt like there was power everywhere, compared to the gutless 600.

I would make the jump personally, just take it very easy on the new bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.