Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi as the title says i need some help with derestricting my cbr400. Any help and advice on how to do this would be much appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
Hi as the title says i need some help with derestricting my cbr400. Any help and advice on how to do this would be much appreciated
:welcome: aboard HondaCrank. I would say do a search on this as the subject has been really heavily covered. There's generally two forms of restriction on these bikes. One is in the speedo and the other is in the inlets between the carbs and cylinders.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have now managed to derestrict the bike but now have a different problem. When i am in 6th gear and hit around 10,000 revs it jumps out of gear. It has only started happening since i derestricted the bike and in no other gear. Any help solving the problem would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
I have now managed to derestrict the bike but now have a different problem. When i am in 6th gear and hit around 10,000 revs it jumps out of gear. It has only started happening since i derestricted the bike and in no other gear. Any help solving the problem would be much appreciated.
First thing I would suggest is an oil and filter change. Trust me, it will help if the issue is not serious.

If that doesn't help, it will be time to get the serious tools and may may mean you taking the engine out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts