Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new here and just after a bit of advise, i have a stock cbr600 1997 f3 model which is currently being converted for track use only, and need to shed some weight off her. mostly to get her to rev quicker.

can anyone tell me how to get rid of the charging system and its parts so i can just use a battery to start her, i dont want to push jump her, just want to get rid of the alternator and the flywheel if thats possible, i might be wrong, but any dead weight on the electrical side can go.

also there is one heck of alot of pipes carring air etc around the engine surly i can get rid of them to simplify it all ?

i dont want to tune the engine up at all, as honda designed it for reliability and would like to keep her that way, just want to get ride of what i dont need.

Thanks for reading this guys and would appreciate any help at all.

Kind regards Phill:thumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
What you want is to run totall loss on charging system.
Remove flywheel, remove stator windings, remove R/R.
If you still wanna be able to use starter motor to fire up the bike then you need to remove the flywheel and cut most of it off, just leaving starter gear on it. It has to be machined.
The air tubes, take them all off and remove all the little filters.
Now you just need to pipes from the airbox going into the carb assembly.
Remove airvalve selenoid as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Andrei,
thats sounds good look forward to a chat mate,hopefully its that easy !!! if you want give me a number and i shall phone you, or PM me
thanks again:clap:
kind regards Phill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts