Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just inherited this bike from a friend and have no clue how to take care of it. I have never owned a bike before. I have worked on cars all my life with my pops so I'm used to doing maintenance on my own. I am in the process of giving it a complete overall with new oil, coolant, brakes, misc fluids, etc. So, on to my question...

Can anyone tell me if the fan switch off a 1999-2000 CBR600F4 would fit my 2001? I don't really want to buy one new and I have found a used one for a descent price. Help me out because right now the fan is straight wired and I don't want the motor to burn out. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I just inherited this bike from a friend and have no clue how to take care of it. I have never owned a bike before. I have worked on cars all my life with my pops so I'm used to doing maintenance on my own. I am in the process of giving it a complete overall with new oil, coolant, brakes, misc fluids, etc. So, on to my question...

Can anyone tell me if the fan switch off a 1999-2000 CBR600F4 would fit my 2001? I don't really want to buy one new and I have found a used one for a descent price. Help me out because right now the fan is straight wired and I don't want the motor to burn out. Thanks for the input.

Yes, it's the same switch as the F3/F4/F4i, 929/954 and VFR800 among others.
Honda OEM Parts: SWITCH ASSY., THERMO - Cheap Cycle Parts
Is the bike actually running hot enough to need the fan?
The fan only comes on under fairly extreme conditions like stuck in heavy traffic on a very hot day. 99.99% of the time you won't even need a fan - I don't bother with them and it's been hitting 40C here all last week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bike isn't running hot. It stays right around 180F. The previous owner's father straight wired the fan though. For the most part the bike is just on the interstate, averaging about 75 mph. I live in Louisiana and it will soon be getting hot as hell here and very muggy. Are you suggesting I should just unhook the fan all together?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
The bike isn't running hot. It stays right around 180F. The previous owner's father straight wired the fan though. For the most part the bike is just on the interstate, averaging about 75 mph. I live in Louisiana and it will soon be getting hot as hell here and very muggy. Are you suggesting I should just unhook the fan all together?

If it's not getting hot enough for the fan to come on anyway then you don't need it. That's around 102C - maybe 223F?
I just kill the engine if I have to sit at lights for more than a minute or so in 40C heat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts