Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently acquired a wheel and a separate cush drive and rubbers. All the bearings are in and the collar between the cush drive bearing and wheel bearing is in. I put the cush drive on the wheel without the rubbers to just test fit and there is a slight gap between them. Maybe around 1-1.5mm.

Is this normal? I was expecting the wheel and cush to fit flush... Sorry I don't have a service manual.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,086 Posts
Your saying they sprocket carrier doesn’t “butt up” against the wheel?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The inner wheel spacer collar between the wheel and the carrier is creating this gap. These parts came off running bikes with the existing bearings. They SHOULD be flush but who knows one of the bearings could be not fully seated.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,086 Posts
I don't think either of my 900's are butted. There is a small gap. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I guess it's not a big deal. My thinking was that it might cause some weird sprocket wear but there are so many bearings in the assembly that it probably is impossible for it to move. Part of me just wants to shave that collar down though... but chain alignment would then be off by ~1mm!
Thanks for your help. I'll see how things all line up once I have all my parts... CBR900 rear on a VFR750 so not sure if sprocket/chain alignment will be spot on anyway. Plus, I put a 180/60/17 on the wheel and hope the chain has room as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts