Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

CBR900 RRT clutch

948 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Strontium Dog 
#1 ·
Hello ,
I've put new clutch plates in my 96 blade but when its all tightened up there is no pressure on the clutch lever . I've noticed that there is scoring on the clutch centre from the clutch springs . Does anyone know if this would stop the clutch working ? I've checked the , judder spring is around the correct way and the friction plates are in the correct order. Driving me mad .
Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
If you've replaced with the same number of plates in that you took out, there should be no issues. That bit of info aside, I've never had a clutch issue do to the wear from the fiber's tangs or the clutch springs. Anytime there is an issue, either the lifter pin is installed incorrectly, the arm in the clutch cover (called the clutch lever lol) is not aligned properly to engage the lifter pin, the cable decided to snap, or the adjustment is wrong.

#3 ·
If you've replaced with the same number of plates in that you took out, there should be no issues. That bit of info aside, I've never had a clutch issue do to the wear from the fiber's tangs or the clutch springs. Anytime there is an issue, either the lifter pin is installed incorrectly, the arm in the clutch cover (called the clutch lever lol) is not aligned properly to engage the lifter pin, the cable decided to snap, or the adjustment is wrong. View attachment 107303
Hello ,
I've put new clutch plates in my 96 blade but when its all tightened up there is no pressure on the clutch lever . I've noticed that there is scoring on the clutch centre from the clutch springs . Does anyone know if this would stop the clutch working ? I've checked the , judder spring is around the correct way and the friction plates are in the correct order. Driving me mad .
Thanks View attachment 107302
If you've replaced with the same number of plates in that you took out, there should be no issues. That bit of info aside, I've never had a clutch issue do to the wear from the fiber's tangs or the clutch springs. Anytime there is an issue, either the lifter pin is installed incorrectly, the arm in the clutch cover (called the clutch lever lol) is not aligned properly to engage the lifter pin, the cable decided to snap, or the adjustment is wrong. View attachment 107303

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.