Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, am new on here. I have got myself a 1998 blade. It is fitted with a Hagon rear shock and standard front Showa forks. I have searched forum history but I couldn't find what I need. I am looking for a base setting but nowhere can I seem to find one for the Hagon rear. I use it for road/track, am off to the TT this year so am looking for a nice feeling start point. also I am looking to find out what weight oil people recommend for the front forks?

Thanks in advance people!!!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
they should probably be able to help you best. if youre running oem front suspension your rear shock is gonna be dictated by how good you can get the oem forks working. the real name of the game when setting up suspension is getting them even front to back. if one is set much differently than the other it causes chaos for both. so my first objective with a nice upgraded rear shock would first be get the forks at their best. fresh oil n seal. then i would set the sag then id get the best set-up i could up front compression and rebound n then move to the rear n try n set it accordingly sag first by adjusting the preload n then get it working as close to the front as i could so they are nice and even. obviously the upgraded rear is going to have more potential but its still going to be limited by how well you can get the front working. setting the rear way to hard is easily the most common mistake people make when setting up a suspension.

also welcome to the site!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts