Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planing to "upgrade" my 1996 rrt engine with a 1999 rrx engine. Ill have the wire harness from both engines. But i want to keep the 1996 old-school gauge.

Do any of you know if it is possible to use the 96 wire harness and speed sensor and then just change the engine and control unit to the 1999 model?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No!! that is why i am hoping that i can use the 1996 harness. The less work the better :)
I have not bought the engine and harness yet so cant compare them. - just trying to find solutions to known problems that are ahead.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,051 Posts
No!! that is why i am hoping that i can use the 1996 harness. The less work the better :)
I have not bought the engine and harness yet so cant compare them. - just trying to find solutions to known problems that are ahead.
The ECU connections will be different, as the 99 will have more inputs I believe, and they may be in different spots so it won't be a straight replacement, but maybe if you get creative you can make it work. The speed sensor is in a different spot on the engine, but the connector might be the same. I think the 98-99 used a pink wire from the ignition to the ECU as well, don't know if that's on the 96 or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts