Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Can any one help?? I have a 1999 918cc that has the stock end can on it. A friend of a friend has a brand new and boxed Micron Carbon fibre that I can have for £50 - which seems pretty reasonable. BUT, it's listed as fitting a 1992-1995 898cc.
They are both 3 bolt fixings but will it fit? Before I go removing the old one and it's 'slightly' corroded bolts I thought I'd best ask :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
It will be twisted by about 45 degrees or maybe 30, but will fit the flange. If its a round can youll be fine if its oval it's not ideal but will work if you can stretch the strap far wnough.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh that's gonna be a problem with an oval can! At least with a round can I could drill the rivets and rotate the end so the outlets in the right place.
Thanks for the reply - your a star!

·
Registered
18 Posts
or you could have a flange made up out of aluminium. oval in shape and with 2 sets of holes drilled in. on one side for the can and of the other side offset for the flange on the bike. it'll cost you but for the price you'd pay for this micron may still work out cheaper than getting the proper one for a 98.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a great Idea, but now I've seen the exhaust - the mounting bracket is attached so I would affect the spacing of the bolt holes.
So keep an eye on ebay - He'll be putting on there shortly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts