Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just replaced the cracked brake reservoir and make-shift bracket that the PO owner put on the bike. However, now whenever I turn the bars, the reservoir is hitting the fairing stay, right where the mirror screws in. Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
grab it and bend it back a little.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
is it not on a bracket? throw a picture up. is it hitting it hard or just kinda nicking it as it goes by?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
i replaced the reservoir on my 954 and it was doing the same thing, hitting the upper roughly where the fairing stay on the 900's is. so without snapping the plastic of the cup i just grabbed the whole unit and bent the bracket back away from the fairing enough so it would clear the fairing. its a close fit. the bracket bent pretty easily enough to get it out of the way.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
yeah that thing is really whackin the fairing stay. lol well maybe unbolt it and try mounting it with the bracket on top of the cup hole instead of the cup sitting on top of the bracket. i dont think that bracket is correct. check out the one in this ebay listing. see how it looks flatter. but see if itll clear mounting it on the bottom instead.

98 99 Honda CBR900RR Front Brake Master Fluid Reservoir Tank Bottle | eBay

Reactions: IanDoohan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I simply grabbed a couple pairs of pliers and bent it down a bit. Then I took a hammer and chisel and knocked it down just a bit more. It has nearly 3cm of clearance now.

That bracket is actually the one that I ordered directly from honda for my model. So I'm not sure. I actually ordered all new parts for the master cylinder as the previous owner did a serious number on it.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
right on. : ) lol as long as it clears you should be golden.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,052 Posts
JDS, I now I'm a little late to this one, but that bracket you have is steel, and is actually for a 93-95 RR. The 98-99 used an aluminum bracket that has a different angle to clear the revised top fairing. Top left in photo:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts