Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone has done this swap before but I have a nice set of 900RRT calipers from a 96 I was thinking about trying to use on my 99 F4 track bike. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,116 Posts
Do you have the F4 calipers on the 600 now? If so, IMHO, using the RRT's calipers would be a step backwards.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has F4 calipers in it now. I have a set if fresh rebuilt RRT calipers. Thought it would save me rebuilding the F4s.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Do you have the F4 calipers on the 600 now? If so, IMHO, using the RRT's calipers would be a step backwards.
Could you please explain why it would be a step backwards.
I would like to know why F4 calipers are better. (For future reference) ty

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,116 Posts
It has F4 calipers in it now. I have a set if fresh rebuilt RRT calipers. Thought it would save me rebuilding the F4s.
They will bolt right on and work, but the 600’s master I think is a smaller piston and may be a bit weak depending on the calipers’s piston size. Without looking at Partzilla’s breakdown, I think the 900’s caliper pistons are symmetrical, while the 600’s may be different sizes (a smaller and larger piston in each caliper half.

Could you please explain why it would be a step backwards.
I would like to know why F4 calipers are better. (For future reference) ty
As stated above. Also, the design of the caliper bodies IMHO is better. The F4i caliper body is the same as the 98-99 900RR and through the 600RR, 929, 954, and RC51. I really think the SC28 caliper body is really old and dated looking. That’s all, no factual value anywhere 😂

BUT, I did have a integrated reservoir master cylinder like the F4i on Red Rocker with OE SC28 calipers with braided Goodrich lines and was never happy with the feel of the lever FWIW.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply Ian. Give me something to think about when I get it ready for the track over the winter.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I was never satisfied with the braking on my F4i until I used the Blade braking system. I don't remember if I took parts from the 929 or 954, but it has been consistent since.

Reactions: IanDoohan
1 - 7 of 7 Posts