Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi buddyz

Im new to this forum----Very nice forum !!!!

I realy need your help !
Im looking for CBR900RR 1996 forks, What other years of CBR900 has the same forks????
Please let me know if: you have it / you know someone who have it,
Or where can I find it,
I'll be glad to get any info

THX

Gal :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
well the 96 and 97 share the same exact forks, so in UK/Australia terms, RRT and RRV.

I know of someone who has a set, here in the UK, from a low mileage bike.
also, if you want to look into it, I know the older gsxr shares the same size diameter (45mm). you'd have to use the suzuki calipers/wheel/fender etc.

:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Chindian
Thanks for the info,
I think i'll keep searching the 96-97CBR forks

Any info will help--->>Where can I find use 96-97 Forks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
CBR-GT said:
Any info will help--->>Where can I find use 96-97 Forks?
ebay... i'm not sure if there is one in Israel or one that serves your part of the world but you're not that far away from me so I'd suggest ebay.co.uk

Like i said previously, I know someone here who has some forks to sell.
I would sell you mine but I sorta need them to keep my wheel on :rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,773 Posts
Chindian said:
you're not being sarcastic, are you... :idunno:
nope, you've had more info on these bikes in a few recent threads on them than everyone else on here. :thumb:
always helps to have a bunch of experts at different things than a couple of people who have general knowledge of everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
CBR929RE said:
nope, you've had more info on these bikes in a few recent threads on them than everyone else on here. :thumb:
always helps to have a bunch of experts at different things than a couple of people who have general knowledge of everything.
Thanks mate!!! pays to do research, although I will say that I have always tried to research evidence to prove my knowledge wrong.. sort of proving/disproving theories... this stems from my math studies as a kid.

anyhoo, I try and get good at whatever hits home, in this case, I own a 97 so I decided to learn it, know it, then rip it apart and tinker away!! :eyebrows:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
502 Posts
CBR-GT said:
Hi buddyz

Im new to this forum----Very nice forum !!!!

I realy need your help !
Im looking for CBR900RR 1996 forks, What other years of CBR900 has the same forks????
Please let me know if: you have it / you know someone who have it,
Or where can I find it,
I'll be glad to get any info

THX

Gal :confused:

I used to own a '96, and I am pretty sure that the forks from '93 - '99 will fit. It's the spring rates and valving inside that's differed year to year, fork diameter and length should all be the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
I got a set of 1998's off ebay. I had to put new seals in them, but they were a huge update for my 1993. The original one's lack compression damping adjustment. Just bolted on no trouble at all :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Yep anything upto the fuel injected models will fit but it is commonly thought that the 96/7 rrt/v units where the best, If you are going to get the insides moded then the later the better

sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chindian said:
ebay... i'm not sure if there is one in Israel or one that serves your part of the world but you're not that far away from me so I'd suggest ebay.co.uk

Like i said previously, I know someone here who has some forks to sell.
I would sell you mine but I sorta need them to keep my wheel on :rotfl:

I dont need any ebay-Israel or UK I use E-bay.com "yossitr1" and realy like it.

There is no problem with shipping to Isreal via USPS,
Latebraking: What about the calipers? Is the 93-95 98-99 will fir the 96-97 brakes calipers?

Joseph900rr: If you can tell me for sure the forks will fit perfect to my 96's triples/front fender/calipers/wheel so i'll take it....
Give me the part #

RRTsean:I just want to replace my salvage forks....Please any one can tell for sure what other years will fit to 96? I know the 97 will fit,what about others?

thanks 4 all
Waiting for answers


:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
502 Posts
CBR-GT said:
Latebraking: What about the calipers? Is the 93-95 98-99 will fir the 96-97 brakes calipers?

:thumb:
It should all bolt right up with no issues. Just get them sprung and valved for you and enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
CBR-GT said:
I dont need any ebay-Israel or UK I use E-bay.com "yossitr1" and realy like it.

There is no problem with shipping to Isreal via USPS,
Latebraking: What about the calipers? Is the 93-95 98-99 will fir the 96-97 brakes calipers?

Joseph900rr: If you can tell me for sure the forks will fit perfect to my 96's triples/front fender/calipers/wheel so i'll take it....
Give me the part #

RRTsean:I just want to replace my salvage forks....Please any one can tell for sure what other years will fit to 96? I know the 97 will fit,what about others?

thanks 4 all
Waiting for answers


:thumb:
Any forks off a 1993-1999 should bolt on with no mods needed the Honda OEM part #'s for the 1997 are 51500-MAS-671 Left and 51400-MAS-671 Right
Does that answer your question?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh Yes!!
Thanks buddy
I just wondered if the diameter is similar so I'll not have to replace the triples

THX
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top