Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Hope everyone is doing well. I have a problem with my 95 CBR900RR. It has a front end wobble. The person I brought it from road it with a bad leaking fork seal. I brought a MOTION PRO SEAL MATE Tool to Fix Leaking Fork Seals. It cleaned it up great and no more leaks. I recently moved my bike to my house a mile away and it has a slow wobble and won’t go away. I only went 30 mph and it was terrible. I did a test by pushing down on the front forks and noticed that the wheel jerked to the left towards the repaired fork. I was thinking that the fork needed to be tighten because of all the fluid loss. I tighten the fork hoping to match the other forks pressure. I tested it by pushing down on the front forks and it did not jerk anymore. I haven’t tested it yet but will this weekend. Can someone help me do this correctly or please give me some advice? Thank you for your time.
Mark

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hello,
Hope everyone is doing well. I have a problem with my 95 CBR900RR. It has a front end wobble. The person I brought it from road it with a bad leaking fork seal. I brought a MOTION PRO SEAL MATE Tool to Fix Leaking Fork Seals. It cleaned it up great and no more leaks. I recently moved my bike to my house a mile away and it has a slow wobble and won’t go away. I only went 30 mph and it was terrible. I did a test by pushing down on the front forks and noticed that the wheel jerked to the left towards the repaired fork. I was thinking that the fork needed to be tighten because of all the fluid loss. I tighten the fork hoping to match the other forks pressure. I tested it by pushing down on the front forks and it did not jerk anymore. I haven’t tested it yet but will this weekend. Can someone help me do this correctly or please give me some advice? Thank you for your time.
Mark

The wheel "jerked to the left"?
Do you mean the wheel is able to move laterally along the axle?
Are the wheel bearings okay?
Is the axle tight?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. Yes it pulls laterally making it difficult to steer. Axle is tight but not sure on the bearings. I will check them out and see. So tightening the shock won't do anything? Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Mark

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Thank you for the reply. Yes it pulls laterally making it difficult to steer. Axle is tight but not sure on the bearings. I will check them out and see. So tightening the shock won't do anything? Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Mark

If the wheel is able to move sideways along the axle then you have a serious problem that must be rectified before you do much more riding.
Depends on what you mean by "tightening" it. If you mean an adjustment then no, adjustment won't fix a loose wheel problem.
The shock is at the rear, the forks are at the front - two different suspension systems.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Is it the original wheel or has somebody put a 17" front on it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!
I was talking about making the left shock tighter (Harder) to match the other one. The bike was made to be a stunt bike but the wheel looks normal. I will look at all these things with my son over the weekend. Thank you so much for your advise. I really appreciate it. Anything else you think I should know or check please advise. Have a great day!

Mark

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Thank you!
I was talking about making the left shock tighter (Harder) to match the other one. The bike was made to be a stunt bike but the wheel looks normal. I will look at all these things with my son over the weekend. Thank you so much for your advise. I really appreciate it. Anything else you think I should know or check please advise. Have a great day!

Mark

I can't imagine how you can make one fork harder than the other.
The forks are a rigid system, one fork cannot move differently to the other unless you have a rubber axle.
I strongly suggest you get yourself a manual for the bike.
And the fiche diagrams may be helpful as well.
1995 Honda CBR900RR OEM Front Wheel 93-95 Parts | Motosport

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello,
Hope your having a good day. What if the fork that was leaking dos'nt have enough fluid? Thank you again for all your help and have a great day!

Mark

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hello,
Hope your having a good day. What if the fork that was leaking dos'nt have enough fluid? Thank you again for all your help and have a great day!

Mark

Then it won't have any damping, but that is not going to allow the wheel to move around.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't know if this will be of assistance for you as the problem may be rectified by all you are doing now. However, I have had a couple of similar problems with both a ZZR 250 and VFR800 with what I would describe as a weave, always very noticeable at low speed. My mechanic found that the cause wasn't always the same thing in every case - in one instance it was the steering head bearings which simply needed adjustment, in another he found that my front wheel and axle was bent. This might give you other avenues of inquiry if you find that it is not the forks. Hope you get it fixed soon. Good luck :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you Fooffa,
My son and I tested it this weekend and the shock needs new seals. I will have to add this project to the list. Thank everyone for all your comments. I am going to open a new discussion on my new problem and that is while testing the shocks my son and I found that our engine is having issues so please respond if you have ideas, solutions etc.

Thank you!
Mark

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello Everyone,
Hope all is well. I have my bike back from Cycles R Us in Orland Park IL. and my forks are perfect now. New seals and all. This place is great and they do a fantastic job!

Have a great day!
Mark

·
Registered
27 Posts
actually the seal which was leaking was new, when i had a closer look at it the upper side spring was broken, replacing broken one with new and a tighter spring work?

finding bike parts in Fiji is pain in the a$$...!!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
actually the seal which was leaking was new, when i had a closer look at it the upper side spring was broken, replacing broken one with new and a tighter spring work?

finding bike parts in Fiji is pain in the a$$...!!

Do you mean the fork spring is broken?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts