Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my newly acquired 98 900rr has the reverse gp shift kit and I'm not a fan of it.. Is it hard to change and can I use parts from my 93 900rr to swap back to normal? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hi guys my newly acquired 98 900rr has the reverse gp shift kit and I'm not a fan of it.. Is it hard to change and can I use parts from my 93 900rr to swap back to normal? Thanks guys
Just flip the knuckle, and you're back to standard shift, 5 minutes tops.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,319 Posts
Sweet thanks guys I was hoping it wouldn't be a pain in the ass to switch back
I'm a fan of the GP shift. Any chance you might try and get used to it before switching? If your not on a track with it you can adapt. I love it. There is the occasional "up or down" thought, but for the street it's not as critical as on the track. I just haven't ridden at all this year to get back in the swing of it. Anyway up to you. :thumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm used to it for the most part but it gets sketchy sometimes since my brain is programmed to 1 down 5 up and I accidentally down shift when I'm ripping through the gears lol but I love the blade compared to the big fat gsxr1100 I have that thing hops if I just let off the throttle at high rpms, the blade just skids a little

1 - 6 of 6 Posts