Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a cbr900rr 893 engine for sale or anything built I am looking to build one if I go over 945cc do I have to sleeve it thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya u don't need to I think anything over 945cc then u do need to 88.00 for 1 sleeve crazy I just need to find a motor bad

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Anyone got a cbr900rr 893 engine for sale or anything built I am looking to build one if I go over 945cc do I have to sleeve it thanks

Why not start with the bigger SC33 engine?
To go more than 72mm on the SC28 or SC33 engine I would think you'd want to resleeve.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Ya u don't need to I think anything over 945cc then u do need to 88.00 for 1 sleeve crazy I just need to find a motor bad

The sleeves are cheap compared to the machining required to install them, and then you still need to bore them to size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true very true what about the hurricane motor or blackbird 1100cc is there any other engine that will fit in my bike with only a lil fab work

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
true very true what about the hurricane motor or blackbird 1100cc is there any other engine that will fit in my bike with only a lil fab work

Depends on your definition of a little fab work.
You can put almost any engine in the bike, and it gets easier as you move to later engines as they become more compact.
The 'Bird engine is a common swap, several members here have done it.
But it is a very heavy engine.
Lambchops is currently putting a 1000RR engine in his 900RR for example.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I blew it up and the block is done so I need a block with nothing in it or even something blown with no hole in the block I have everything from mine the crank is bad and a piston and rod that's all so I need something wish I could find something on here

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how hard is it to do a cbr900rr/1100xxbird anyone got a blog on it or what u need and how easy it fits whats involved

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
how hard is it to do a cbr900rr/1100xxbird anyone got a blog on it or what u need and how easy it fits whats involved
I can E-Mail you a link, so you can read it and see what is involved in a XX swap, I just need an E-mail address. I couldn't PM it to you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts