Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
you can never find a proper answer to this quetion trust me i looked im trying to fit a cbr600f-sport front wheel on my 98 blade just need spacers and the disc from the 600 if their not the same size ill get some aftermarket ones good luck with your convertion tho mate...

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
you can never find a proper answer to this quetion trust me i looked im trying to fit a cbr600f-sport front wheel on my 98 blade just need spacers and the disc from the 600 if their not the same size ill get some aftermarket ones good luck with your convertion tho mate...

'98/'99 is the most difficult to do due to it being different from anything else.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
must be, will i have any joy lol!!

F1, F2, F3, F4 and F4i wheels are all different (F4/F4i _may_ be the same but the discs are different).
Certainly you can run whatever wheels you want but each is likely to require different modifications.

·
Registered
13 Posts
F1, F2, F3, F4 and F4i wheels are all different (F4/F4i _may_ be the same but the discs are different).
Certainly you can run whatever wheels you want but each is likely to require different modifications.
i got the 600 disc with the wheel they fit in the callipers just looks like i need some spacers made up the original 1's are a bit too long...

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
i got the 600 disc with the wheel they fit in the callipers just looks like i need some spacers made up the original 1's are a bit too long...

Just cut them shorter.
I had to cut about 3mm off the spacers when I put the GSXR1000 front wheel on my ZX6R.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
might have a go at cutting them just dont want to f**k them up and be without a bike...

Take them to somebody with a lathe and have them make you some new ones the correct length.
You'll need to measure the length required.

·
Registered
46 Posts
but has any1 tried to fit the cbr600f-sport front wheel to a 98 blade????
My 98 and 99 both run Blackbird front wheels and Superhawk rear wheels. Every dimension (except 17-inch) is the same bar the overall bearing spacing. Added 2.5mm spacing each side and it's perfect.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hi - I seem to remember that the RRN was the original Blade and had speedo drive - if so you may wish to consider this reponse (from a previous thread).

You can only use a 1995-1998 CBR600 F3 wheel. Use your 900RR axle and wheel spacers, and rotors. It will bolt right up. You should also use the 120/70-17 tire.

You will need to convert your speedo drive to that of the the 1995-1997 900RR. This is a digital sender that runs off the front sprocket, as opposed to the cable drive off the front wheel on your '93.

When you do this, you can either fit the:

* 95-97 900rr gauges
* 98-99 900rr gauges (but you need a custom SpeedoHealer than can only be purchased from the factory in Hungary - about $100, and you'll need the temperature sender from a 98-99 900rr too.

Go over to rrzone.com and you'll find a write up there in the how to. Look at the 'How to install the CBR600 F4i digital gauges'. You can fit these gauges as an option to the 98-99 900rr gauges if you get the custom SpeedoHealer and the 98-99 temp sender. Then you'll have a nice set of digital/analog gauges. And trust me, seeing your speed on a digital display is a hell of a lot easier to read than on an analogue dial!!!

PM me if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Sime
Hope this helps

SB

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.