Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have an odd hesitation on my 93 blade. when you change gear over about 7000rpm the bike hesitates for a split second and then goes. It is running a Hawk slipon with (i think) 918 stainless downpipes as I had to make a bracket to fit the centre bolt onto the frame. No DB killer. Looked at the air filter and it has a K and N and someone has drilled loads of holes in the front centre of the airbox with a 3mm drill. Is this a known mod or was someone just being a numpty?
Does anyone know what the standard jets are.

Also does anyone know what the standard suspension settings are? At the moment it seems almost everything is on the hardest setting apart from front preload.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi
I have an odd hesitation on my 93 blade. when you change gear over about 7000rpm the bike hesitates for a split second and then goes. It is running a Hawk slipon with (i think) 918 stainless downpipes as I had to make a bracket to fit the centre bolt onto the frame. No DB killer. Looked at the air filter and it has a K and N and someone has drilled loads of holes in the front centre of the airbox with a 3mm drill. Is this a known mod or was someone just being a numpty?
Does anyone know what the standard jets are.

Also does anyone know what the standard suspension settings are? At the moment it seems almost everything is on the hardest setting apart from front preload.

I hope the holes are before the air filter at least?
Tape over the holes and see if it makes any difference?
Standard settings should be in the manual?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Bladeracer. Yeah, holes are before airfilter and I have a roll of duct tape to see if it makes a difference. Unfortunately I don't have a manual, still searching ebay for the correct year. I have also ordered a standard Honda air filter.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thanks for the reply Bladeracer. Yeah, holes are before airfilter and I have a roll of duct tape to see if it makes a difference. Unfortunately I don't have a manual, still searching ebay for the correct year. I have also ordered a standard Honda air filter.

Haynes is probably the better bet and it covers all the 900RR's - '92-'99.
On a 20+ year old bike you never know what model parts might be on it currently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts