Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents I'm just wondering what people are running with regard to Jetting their 96/97 Blades.
Mine has 115 main jets on all four. I have a Factory Pro Jet kit that reckons standard is 115 outers and 118 inners.

Anyone else running a Factory Pro kit. Also any recommendation on Air Filters I.E. K&N, BMC or Standard ???

I'll be running a standard exhaust by the way, many thanks for your thoughts

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Gents I'm just wondering what people are running with regard to Jetting their 96/97 Blades.
Mine has 115 main jets on all four. I have a Factory Pro Jet kit that reckons standard is 115 outers and 118 inners.

Anyone else running a Factory Pro kit. Also any recommendation on Air Filters I.E. K&N, BMC or Standard ???

I'll be running a standard exhaust by the way, many thanks for your thoughts

Is there something wrong with your jetting?
It is common to run the centre pair a little richer as they run hotter.
OEM air filter every time.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I currently am running 120s across the board. Needle 5th clip and adjusted idle air screws
Open header bmc race filter ported head

In your situation I'd stick with oem filter. I'm goin back to it soon. Makes more power than k&n.
The reason for honda doing larger jetting on the inside is for the increased heat from outer cylinders so they richen the two inner ones to compensate for heat.

Leave your jetting alone if stock muffler and header.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reason I'm looking at the jetting is the bike is a 96 RRT originally bought in Florida but imported t the UK new. Hence it's a US 49state bike but I noticed they rund different needles to a UK bike. I also noticed that the diameter of the outlet at the silencer is slightly smaller than a UK spec bike.

The bike has only run 2850 miles from new and is mint. I was going to run it on a dyno for a bog stock reading. Then remove the standard exhaust as its mint, wrap it up for the future and I have a very good condition 99 stainless headers and a brand new UK spec 99 silencer.

I was then going to re jet it with the Factory Pro but wasn't sure about this richer inner cylinders. The jets in mine are all 115s but the inboard needles are different id to the outers so I guess they richened the inners with the different needle however Factory Pro have the same needles 1-4 but quote larger inboard main jets

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,115 Posts
If you don't notice any drivability problems (pop on decel, sluggish mid throttle, etc) then I would leave it alone, even if all 4 are 115. Especially if your keeping stock filter and stock exhaust. I've run K&N and a modified dual UNI filter set ups in my 900's, with no ill effects noted either way. I use the Factory Pro kits, and have since the early 90's. They work well for drivability, not so much horsepower gain. They use their own needle design and Genuine Keihin Jets. The others are right, larger mains in 2 and 3 to battle heat soak in those cylinders. Anyway, my 2 cents :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts