Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey girls and guys.

The micron exhaust hat I had on my CBR900rrt blew last year, so I decided to replace it with another micron silencer. The problem is, the person who sold it to me (on fleebay) did not include the connecting plate. As micron have gone bust, there's no way of me getting a new part from them.

Question 1: does anyone know what the metal plate (thingy) is called?
Question 2: any idea where I might buy one from?

I imagine I will need to have a fabricator create something, but I thought I would seek advice on her first..

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Can't say I understand your issue. Do you mean the bolt pattern is not the same? Perhaps some pictures of the muffler and pipe may help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I have the exhaust hanger and the mid-pipe. What I don't have is the bracket with three bolts that connects the mid-pipe to the silencer. I hope this new pic helps explain what I mean.

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I have the exhaust hanger and the mid-pipe. What I don't have is the bracket with three bolts that connects the mid-pipe to the silencer. I hope this new pic helps explain what I mean.
Looks like what you have there is a full system trying to connect to a "slip-on" can. That can looks like it would bolt right up to the stock exhaust. Most likely not going to happen with your full system. Any chance your old can can be reworked with the new can?

·
8,055 Posts
The more I look at it I'm now positive it's a slip on muffler for the stock exhaust. The little recess inside the flange is for the stock gasket. You need a different muffler.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hey girls and guys.

The micron exhaust hat I had on my CBR900rrt blew last year, so I decided to replace it with another micron silencer. The problem is, the person who sold it to me (on fleebay) did not include the connecting plate. As micron have gone bust, there's no way of me getting a new part from them.

Question 1: does anyone know what the metal plate (thingy) is called?
Question 2: any idea where I might buy one from?

I imagine I will need to have a fabricator create something, but I thought I would seek advice on her first..

Can't you swap the flange across from the old muffler?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies.

Problem is, the old muffler/silencer is oval, while the newer one is round. There is no way of transferring from one to the other..

Looks like I need a fabricator to create something...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so it looks like I might have found something using good old Google. They're on a Suzuki website, but I'm hoping they're universal..

Attachments

·
8,055 Posts
Ok, so it looks like I might have found something using good old Google. They're on a Suzuki website, but I'm hoping they're universal..
Yeah that looks about right, however there are no tangs to mount your springs to. I guess it's not totally necessary or you could have some tacked on.

So I have to ask, how did you not realize that this new muffler can was so far off from what you previously had?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts