Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone out there that can tell me how to rectify have to always replace the headrace bearings on my blade, lighter suspension, hardend bearings, etc???? i am open to all possibilities.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

:idunno: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
is there anyone out there that can tell me how to rectify have to always replace the headrace bearings on my blade, lighter suspension, hardend bearings, etc???? i am open to all possibilities.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

:idunno: :thumb:
Do you mean you've had to replace them more than once?
If so, why? What is the reason?
Are you replacing the inner and outer races?
Are you over-tightening them perhaps?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Are you replacing the full bearing, including the races? If yes, then the replacements should last for years. So your technique must be poor if you are doing this more than once!

No hammering!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
For the avoidance of doubt, "all" means
  1. upper inner race
  2. upper bearing
  3. upper outer race
  4. lower outer race
  5. lower bearing
  6. lower inner race
Install carefully and make sure you torque down to 22 ft-lbs, and re-tighten to only 18 ft-lb (according to shop manual)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok oops sorry, i am not replacing these myself it's just that. this is my second lade and on both i had to replace the bearing top and bottom, i have spoken to other Blade owners and they say the same, that the Blade is Heavy on the front end. i'm not a wheelie merchant "wish i was" but not opposed to the front end comin up of bridges and such like.

thankyou all for your help so far!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi there again, u guys obviously have a wealth of knowledge, can i also as a question about Power?, my blade has the stage1 dyno jet kit and also K&N filter i had i dyno'd and it's putting out 128 at the crank( i think) what can i do to increase the power considering my pockets aint that deep, if u catch my drift i,m sick an tired of gettin pissed all over by some guy i see in the morning on the way to work on his R-1, i no this probably will never be an R1 beater!! but i like to atlease get CLOSE to the bugger!! LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
hi there again, u guys obviously have a wealth of knowledge, can i also as a question about Power?, my blade has the stage1 dyno jet kit and also K&N filter i had i dyno'd and it's putting out 128 at the crank( i think) what can i do to increase the power considering my pockets aint that deep, if u catch my drift i,m sick an tired of gettin pissed all over by some guy i see in the morning on the way to work on his R-1, i no this probably will never be an R1 beater!! but i like to atlease get CLOSE to the bugger!! LOL!!!
Get rid of the K&N and run an OEM or BMC filter.
Your power measurement will be at the ground as not many places have crank dynos.
Power costs money unfortunately :)
A muffler would be the place to start.
Then a full race system.
Then cams and flatslide carbs.
After that you'd need to be going into the engine for boring, compression, porting and lightening.
Indirect power gains would come from lighter wheels, 520 chain and aluminium sprocket and lightening the whole bike as much as possible.
Since you're only asking about power I'm guessing he's leaving you behind in straight lines only?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, sounds good but why get rid of the K&N filter?? i always thought that was the first place to go to get the bike breathing better?? i will look into the flatside carbs, poss even the engine mods!! better start saving now then!!!!

thanks bladeracer top bloke!!!!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
ok, sounds good but why get rid of the K&N filter?? i always thought that was the first place to go to get the bike breathing better?? i will look into the flatside carbs, poss even the engine mods!! better start saving now then!!!!
Maybe twenty years ago when bikes didn't breathe as well as they do now.
The chase for bigger and bigger power claims has resulted in the manufacturers putting a lot of R&D into the intake and exhaust and in particular designing them to produce maximum power with the OEM filter and headers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts