Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed out my clutch last night. I undid the 5 bolts, removed the plate and pulled out the clutches and plates that way then put them back in. (yes i put the thin firbe one in first.) I didn't remove the clutch basket from the bike.

Once issue I came across was when re tightening down the 5 bolts on the new springs, it seems that i hit the end of the threads and had a bolt snap off right at the head. Are they just suppose to go snug? Luckily I was able to extract the bolt out. I'm a little confused on how tight the 5 bolts are suppose to be. The springs seemed to be almost all the way compressed. It never got harder to tighten the bolts when compressing the springs.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Spring bolts should be torqued to 9 ft/lbs. If you broke one off then they were way too tight.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spring bolts should be torqued to 9 ft/lbs. If you broke one off then they were way too tight.
ok thanks. it felt like the bolt ran out of thread.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
So I changed out my clutch last night. I undid the 5 bolts, removed the plate and pulled out the clutches and plates that way then put them back in. (yes i put the thin firbe one in first.) I didn't remove the clutch basket from the bike.

Once issue I came across was when re tightening down the 5 bolts on the new springs, it seems that i hit the end of the threads and had a bolt snap off right at the head. Are they just suppose to go snug? Luckily I was able to extract the bolt out. I'm a little confused on how tight the 5 bolts are suppose to be. The springs seemed to be almost all the way compressed. It never got harder to tighten the bolts when compressing the springs.

Did you consider looking at the manual?
The spring bolts don't need to be tight at all, they're retained by the heavy spring pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts