Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a long story, but basically I sold my bike to a friend who prompty dumped it and slid under a car...

I bought the bike back from the insurance company, and am fixing it up.

The speedo glass got cracked, and the upper middle mount got broke. Anyone know if you can get the housing seperately? It's all together on any parts list I've seen... Or, if anyone here needs a pefectly working speedometer guts (about 5000km) I will have it for sale if I have to buy a whole new speedo.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ND4SPD said:
www.ronayers.com

:welcome: to the site.
Yeah, their 'meter 1' assembly is one part as well. 'meter 2' comes in pieces, but it doesn't look at all like the one I've got.

The annoying thing is going to be finding all the little fasteners... the tow truck that cleaned up the mess discarded a lot of small pieces... that contained all kinds of clips and such. I figure it's going to take about $2000 to replace the front fairing, headlight, fairing stays, speedometer and other assorted fender linings... Somehow, the insurance company wrote it off... $12,000 new and only 5000km, and I bought it back for $2200... Not a scuff on the frame, wheels, forks, tank, or even the rear plastics...

Oh well...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ND4SPD said:
Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on it then. Look on eBay too. If you're not in a hurry, you can probably find all the parts pretty cheap. Check www.cycletherapy.com as well for parts.
There's a speedo on on eBay now... I've had crappy luck with motorbike parts on eBay... I bought the headlight for $200, and it was totally destroyed... buddy took it apart and epoxied it back together... all the tabs were broken... just horrible... listed as 'just like new'.

·
Registered
11 Posts
friday said:
It's a long story, but basically I sold my bike to a friend who prompty dumped it and slid under a car...

I bought the bike back from the insurance company, and am fixing it up.

The speedo glass got cracked, and the upper middle mount got broke. Anyone know if you can get the housing seperately? It's all together on any parts list I've seen... Or, if anyone here needs a pefectly working speedometer guts (about 5000km) I will have it for sale if I have to buy a whole new speedo.

Thanks!
check out this web site i bought a dash housing for a 954 here about 50 bucks, good luck www.fdrpowersports.com
welcome!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts