Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help guys , getting fed up of this bike due to this pain in the arse HISS system

been having problems for a few months with this bike, thought i solved the issue after my normal key snapped , which i didnt realise didnt have the chip fitted so the bike wouldnt fire usual no priming , no spark, as soon as i realised it was the key issue i swapped the chips and was fine for a a week or so.

Then my last key snapped.. ffs

i brought aftermarket chinese ignition set, which seemed to work, however my fan and switch no longer had power.
after inspecting the ignition wires only one out of 4 wires was showing 13.10v

one of the wires is blue/pink relating to the fan .
on the old ignition all 3 wires are live showing the same 13.10v
ive manged to swap the bottoms switch parts over .

and no my hiss is not working again.
i have a green solid light on dash for hiss, and one of the hiss wires shows 5 volts

ive checked tilt switch
relays , earths , terminal blocks hidden in loom

fuel isnt priming again, presume no spark again.

what else can prevent the hiss from working

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Morning matey, was the Chinese Ignition working with HISS after you swapped the base , and what were the colours of the Chinese Ignition , and what was the connection to the bike, pictures of the connection would help, I take it the HISS halo was replaced onto the Ignition, bit of a shopping list there;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morning matey, was the Chinese Ignition working with HISS after you swapped the base , and what were the colours of the Chinese Ignition , and what was the connection to the bike, pictures of the connection would help, I take it the HISS halo was replaced onto the Ignition, bit of a shopping list there;)
Morning Mate,

yes the bike did start and run fine apart from cooling fan no longer worked , took me a day researching and testing , temp sensor switch was new and tested it in boiling water, it closed on at 87c lower temp switch
fan could be jumped direct from battery, the loom had no power, chased this to the fuse box then to ignition switch wire (chinese one) which didnt supply 12v :mad: only 1 wire supplied 12v instead of 3 wires in the old ignition.
the fan worked perfectly prior to changing ignition

Halo was simply left in place, while swapping ignition units

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Right matey , the Black/White wire from the Ignition goes to the Blue/Orange (fan)
Black wire from ignition To Red (battery)
Red wire from Ignition goes to Red/Black (ignition to fuses)
Leave the Green unconnected and see how that works (if you havent already got it that way
Its not by any chance a USA loom is it

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right matey , the Black/White wire from the Ignition goes to the Blue/Orange (fan)
Black wire from ignition To Red (battery)
Red wire from Ignition goes to Red/Black (ignition to fuses)
Leave the Green unconnected and see how that works (if you havent already got it that way
Its not by any chance a USA loom is it
i have no idea mate , they titled it as cbr929 and vfr cbr ignition set .
the seat lock isnt for my bike thats for sure lol

only the red wire supplies 12v , the other wires have zero volts.

the old working ignition switch all 3 wires supplied 12v when turned on.
this one is back on as was proven to work mate.

the chinese one i believe is ment for another market of cbr

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Yes on this bike 3 wire ignition ,the Green wire on the Chinese would of supplied 12v on the Pink wire (then the Zener Diode has to go in to reduce it to approx 9.5v) to the ECU ), so really the Green wire on the connector could have been used as a 12v switched feed, as there is no Pink wire to the ECU on this bike the Immobiliser and Halo take care of that

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
someone on face book said i need a zener diode on the ignition switch terminal for the pink wire on the ignition

thing is , one wire is red , one is red with a black strip , and the other is blue with a pink strip .

if you look on the old ignition , you can see where a diode may have been fitted .

i thought these were specific for the US CBR929?

Ive never seen this diode on this bike, if it needed one how come its worked without one.?

im well confused.

is this the diode required
Honda Ignition diode resister BZX79-C3V9113 (5 pack) CBR600 CBR900 x5 pack | eBay

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
If you have HISS matey then its not needed, if you put the Chinese Ignition back on and wire it up as post #4 and you pin the Original broken HISS key to as near as you can to the Halo (tape it there ) ,the halo will read the Transponder in the key and you should be able to switch on with the chinese ignition , but the halo must be able to read the original key to open up HISS

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have HISS matey then its not needed, if you put the Chinese Ignition back on and wire it up as post #4 and you pin the Original broken HISS key to as near as you can to the Halo (tape it there ) ,the halo will read the Transponder in the key and you should be able to switch on with the chinese ignition , but the halo must be able to read the original key to open up HISS
yes mate, its not reading the key , so no priming ect.

just gone through my haynes manual

the wiring is correct red/red -striped, blue pink stripped 3 wires

just removed some of my loom to find this .

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Yes there spliced in from the fuse , starter relay and rectifier,as you see no Pink wire that the Chinese (green) has, so if you can wire those up to the Chinese Ignition and the broken key at the halo you should be in business, and for good measure tape up that splice to protect it(y)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes there spliced in from the fuse , starter relay and rectifier,as you see no Pink wire that the Chinese (green) has, so if you can wire those up to the Chinese Ignition and the broken key at the halo you should be in business, and for good measure tape up that splice to protect it(y)
tried that mate, didnt work , it originally worked as said with the chinese ignition , but then stopped working. despite the key on the hiss sensor,its just no longer picking it up.

yes will tape them all back up if they are fine.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe check if your Halo connector is connected

does this effect hiss? and what readings should this give? as i put my multi meter on it and came up with nothing
this is a diode in the fuse box
i have no idea what it does

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
It connects all safety features Clutch, Sidestand Neutral , Bank angle sensor to engine stop relay, not working no HISS

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
immobilizer receiver seems good from those checks mate.

voltage was 4.98v

on this diode couldnt find continuity, maybe briefly readings went to 1900+ for a split second then went to 1 with no alarm on my meter triggered .

is this the likely culprit?

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Could very well be ,did you do it with the second diagram , first one is a little vague, 4.98v is about right for the receiver test

1 - 20 of 176 Posts