Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Have you had the HT coil loom off, really need the PVA to get the Peak voltage at Stick coils, should be 100v but no way of measuring without the PVA just to make sure,
DS -Spares on ebay have removed he block on me, so i can buy his loom if thats the issue.
ideally need to be more than sure before buying

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Looks good, and its a gamble, have you got a test light that you can back probe (again ) the 4 pulse wires to the stick coil to see if they are receiving the pulse from the ECU, it has to be checked while turning the engine over to see if you get a flash

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Looks good, and its a gamble, have you got a test light that you can back probe (again ) the 4 pulse wires to the stick coil to see if they are receiving the pulse from the ECU, it has to be checked while turning the engine over to see if you get a flash
might have a 12v bulb mate. not sure how to wire that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
one of those would have been ideal, you need to know if the ECU is sending the pulse, then try to find out why it isnt just seems strange that all four pulses dont work, you could try that wiggle thing you did on the Grey Connector , only this time try it on the Black connector

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
one of those would have been ideal, you need to know if the ECU is sending the pulse, then try to find out why it isnt just seems strange that all four pulses dont work, you could try that wiggle thing you did on the Grey Connector , only this time try it on the Black connector
i'll have to buy one of those testers.

grey connector no longer wiggles , its on tight after i added a slither of solder to each pin.
the yellow wire that broken, is hard wired with a extra length of wire soldered to the pin temp use till new female pin arrives .

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Just a thought Mark, have you still got the original battery, if so charge it up and try that back on the bike, and give it a go , seems daft I know but these bikes like a good meaty 12v, worth a go, bloody hell by the time you've done all this you'll be able to work in the pits:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Just a thought Mark, have you still got the original battery, if so charge it up and try that back on the bike, and give it a go , seems daft I know but these bikes like a good meaty 12v, worth a go, bloody hell by the time you've done all this you'll be able to work in the pits:)
that battery is knackered mate, had less than 1ah before going dead , was 12ah battery .

cant find a decent tester,,, all cheap chinese ones lol

you wanna buy this bike lol

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Morning Mark , just gone through your previous post , everything was looking good until you put the LED's on ,have you got a resistor or ballast in the wiring that could be causing this, are the led's working, also have you tested your stick coils with Ohms to remove them from the equation.cant remember did you also test the Cam Pulse Sensor, think you said it hasnt been out, and are you getting 12v on both wires to each coil stick with Ignition on. You could do with a 10Megaohmm impedance multi meter to do this check on the coloured wires to the sticks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Morning Mark , just gone through your previous post , everything was looking good until you put the LED's on ,have you got a resistor or ballast in the wiring that could be causing this, are the led's working, also have you tested your stick coils with Ohms to remove them from the equation.cant remember did you also test the Cam Pulse Sensor, think you said it hasnt been out, and are you getting 12v on both wires to each coil stick with Ignition on. You could do with a 10Megaohmm impedance multi meter to do this check on the coloured wires to the sticks
ive got the top of range optimate lithium charger/test/maintainer that says the battery is perfect.
Optimate Lithium 5A charger + optimiser - UK 5425006143929 | eBay
LED'S no resisters fitted, it has an led specific relay fitted.
cam sensor showed over 400 ohms on simple test, was the same with crank sensor

I will test each coil and each electrical connector for 12v shortly and get back to you

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
coils seem good. they give a reading on lowest setting of ohms,
voltage going to coils is another matter, not even 1v showing when i crank the engine .
on the main harness for the coils positive test shows 13v on each coil lead when grounded to earth .

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
This a bit of an enigma as the 12v that runs to the Stick coils is on the same spur as the Injectors, cant see 4 coil sticks all failing at once, have a look at the connector that carries the B/W wire and the 4 pulse wires to the Coils ,it also has the Cam pulse wire as well as the Fan wires ,have you had that undone in the past, been a bit late getting back just had my eyesight checked ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
This a bit of an enigma as the 12v that runs to the Stick coils is on the same spur as the Injectors, cant see 4 coil sticks all failing at once, have a look at the connector that carries the B/W wire and the 4 pulse wires to the Coils ,it also has the Cam pulse wire as well as the Fan wires ,have you had that undone in the past, been a bit late getting back just had my eyesight checked ;)
i did make a good earth for the black wire on the fan as i thought my fan wasnt working because of that. or is that single wire than screws/bolts to the fan/radiator not an earth?

no worries mate,, you've been great helping me, surprized no one else on the forum offering help.
shame you dont live local to me derby,

121 - 140 of 176 Posts