Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a 2001 cbr929rr and its been ultra reliable until now.I had a dud battery so charged it and put back into bike and all was well.the bike would start and run well.
I went to start this morning and the battery was flat.
I purchased a new battery and installed it this arvo.upon turning the key i hear the fuel pump prime but i also hear a ticking sound.Now the bike will turn over but will not start.
your help will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate,will check that tomorrow after work.I also forgot to add that it has a datatool alarm.but that has not worked in 18months,main fuse pulled by a mechanic doing a service.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a 2001 cbr929rr and its been ultra reliable until now.I had a dud battery so charged it and put back into bike and all was well.the bike would start and run well.
I went to start this morning and the battery was flat.
I purchased a new battery and installed it this arvo.upon turning the key i hear the fuel pump prime but i also hear a ticking sound.Now the bike will turn over but will not start.
your help will be much appreciated.
You replaced the battery without checking the charging system was working?
How did you determine the battery was the problem then?
Ticking sound - could it be the servo motor behind the left frame rail?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey. I have this same problem. Old battery died, I could recharge, it was fine. Then my wife bought me a new battery, I put it in, and it wont start. I hear the same clicking noise. I've tried to put jumper cables on the new battery to see if possibly it was sitting too long.. Drained gas, put new gas in.. still won't start. I tried starting fluid. No go. I don't know if it's getting spark.. haven't tested. But I'm having the same problem as you were, hopefully you found a solution?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hey. I have this same problem. Old battery died, I could recharge, it was fine. Then my wife bought me a new battery, I put it in, and it wont start. I hear the same clicking noise. I've tried to put jumper cables on the new battery to see if possibly it was sitting too long.. Drained gas, put new gas in.. still won't start. I tried starting fluid. No go. I don't know if it's getting spark.. haven't tested. But I'm having the same problem as you were, hopefully you found a solution?
Have you measured the voltage at the battery?
Are the terminals tight and clean?

·
Registered
777 Posts
My 929 has a system 3 datatool alarm on it and I noticed whilst reading the manual today that it can go into 'sleep' mode if the battery charge level drops too low. Could it be this that is causing the problem.

Manual says hold the round button down until the alarm disarms, 15 seconds max.

HTH

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey justinkp,
I got mine to the mechanic for a full service and explained to the mechanic,the coils were found to be knackered.new coils and service and shes a flyer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts