Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello first time here and i have a quick question

I have been looking at a CBR929 on a Y- plate (2001 ?) now my only concern is the clock's, as Where the digital part is there seems to be a datatool emblem inside and the rev counter is white :idunno:

Is this normal as everyone ive seen since (in pic's) seem to have black backgrounds on rev counter.:confused:

Or should i avoid like the plague:)

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
135 Posts
Im not sure what you mean by y-plate or datatool emblem, but I opened up my cluster and replaced all the amber LED's with Blue , white and red ones, and i also installed a white face on the tach, looks much better ill post a pic..

Before and after, but in the reverse order!! haha

Now i buggered mine a bit as i was in a rush, and wasnt using the proper tools at the time!!!
I cracked the Temp display, and i overheated a few pins on the Digi display, so the numbers dont all appear proper in the odo. but everything else works fine, ill do my other cluster for the Erion 929 in a similar way but not all ****ed up!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your y plate is the model , and the datatool could be a sevice warning get honda dealer (scary overpriced humans ) to give you a headsup

Sorry i didn't explain that right
Its a 2001 model on a "Y" registration in the UK and the datatool emblem looks like a badge or something fitted inside the digital part of the clocks and the rev counter had a white face.

Hope this explains it a little better, but thanks for the replys so far guys keep em coming:thumb:

·
Registered
902 Posts
There is a company that you can send your clocks too that will fit different leds in the colour of your choice, they may change the background to white to make it stand out, what colour are the lights in the clock?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.