Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm new to these forums, i registered because there seems to be quite some knowledge on this forum

so, my problem is as follows:

the fuel usage of my blade lies around 10litres/100km
that should be around
4.23gallons(US)/100miles
or 3.52gallons(UK)/100miles

or
10KM/1liter
28miles/1gallon(UK)
23miles/1gallon(US)

this seems quite unnormal to me as i've read of 929's having a consumption only a bit more then half of mine...

any ideas would be welcome
my dealer advised me to replace the airfilter, since it has never been replaced (50000KM's/31Kmiles)

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
:welcome: Vyruz! The 929's aren't known for exceptional gas mileage. I typically get 125-140 miles on a tank. Does your bike seem like it's running rich? A Power Commnader can help you maximize the fuel efficiency.

Do you have any pics of your bike? I'd love to see the tribal flame paint job.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx for the quick reply
here's an image

i calculated my usage, and my LED turns on after about 110miles
is that normal?

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Your bike looks great! :thumb: Fuel consumption can vary greatly depending on how hard you ride. My low fuel light comes on around 100-125 miles when I'm running on the track. Your mileage doesn't sound too far off compared to mine. :idunno:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I used to get about 120 miles before the light came on. But since I put my Jardine slip-on, I get about 110 before it comes on.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
10l/100km seems a bit low. I routinely get 200km before the light comes on... that's what, 7.5? 8? L/100km.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@red rider:
you're talking about consumption on the track
i'm talking about normal road usage

i don't even ride very hard all the time, ok, i like to pull the throttle once every while (that's what a fireblade's there for right?) but i mostly ride quite normal

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was getting 220km's on the road,now with pcIII and hass eliminator light normally comes on at about 200k's(maybe I'm riding harder too),at the track I got 140k's to a full tank.
Do you fill it up on the stand or upright?Mine is on the stand.
Nice bike too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
On a good ride my light comes on around 125- 130 miles. That is even after I have changed the air filter. I have been known to wring this piss out of her though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts