Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi forum peeps

(sorry for stealing a forum smiley and altering him a little, but he had the wrong flag ;))

Anyway, been riding for about 4 years now and only had the one bike a CBF600. Quite a tame ride, but I wanted to get some riding experience before getting a 'proper' bike. So last week reluctantly said good bye to it and got myself a 2001 CBR929rr Fireblade. How I ended up at this particular bike though is a bit , well....

I'd been riding the CBF with textile riding gear as opposed to leathers as I never really found (didn't try all that hard tbh) any that I really liked, but in the UK there is/was a Bike gear franchise known as Hein Gericke . Unfortunately it's closed alot of its branches recently and so were selling off everything at at least 50% off so went to have a look to see if there was any bargains.
Wasn't an awful lot left by the time I got there and I was on my way out the shop but happened to see a nice set of Red/White/Blue Honda badged leathers all by themselves "managers special , one off". Turns out some bloke had had them made to order but then changed his bike and didn't want them anymore.
Thankfully they fitted me almost perfectly and had Honda on them as well as the blue matching the all blue of my CBF. The only niggle was they had CBR written down the side (can you see where this is going ? )

This is me with my CBF and the new leathers...

Obviously I started to look at CBR models after a couple of days to see what they might have been made for and I came across this at a garage only 3 miles from my house, it must've been fate ! lol

I was a little concerned I may not like the riding position after riding a 'normal' bike for 4 years, but after only about 15 minutes test ride , I just had to have it. Its a 2001 but has only done 8500 miles ! with 1 previous owner. The last 4 MOT have about 100 miles between each.

So far I've just changed the can as the original one is an ugly sight imo. (I hope I'm not chastised for not keeping it standard ? !:crap:)

Obviously I've been on the lookout for a forum to join so I can bug people with questions, so here I am :cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
.:welcome:

So the main reason you looked at the blade was a chance encounter with some "magical" leathers pulling you towards them.

Think the 929 was an ideal choice, not crazy stupid ridiculous power for your first litre (ok, almost) sportsbike and not as cramped up such an aggressive riding position as some others you could have chosen.

Glad to see you're geared up properly as well, so you have the bike, you have the gear and you have the lovely British weather........ Ok, well 2 out of 3 isn't so bad :smilebig:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the main reason you looked at the blade was a chance encounter with some "magical" leathers pulling you towards them.
Yep , bought the leathers and found a Bike to match , isn't that how everyone does it ? ;)

Glad to see you're geared up properly as well, so you have the bike, you have the gear and you have the lovely British weather........ Ok, well 2 out of 3 isn't so bad :smilebig:
Slightly Ironic you posted that, I couldn't go on it today as my leathers got absolutely soaked yesterday in A rain storm that started as I walked out the DVLA building and stopped as I wheeled my bike into the shed 10miles later.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts