Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up family, I'm new to the forum and I just built a nice cbr929rr with only 1800 miles. I'm trying to find out the best way to lift her up in the rear. I'm 6'2 and stock height is kinda low for me. Looking into the best lift kit or is it possible to lift the rear another way.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Rearsets (correctly adjusted) would sit your feet in a lower position which is what I thought was your objective.

If you jacked up the rear of the bike in a reverse fashion of how they are lowered, by changing suspension linkage (dogbones) the will still adversely affect riding and steering geometry as well as raise the centre of gravity.

With greatest respect, I really do not understand why you would want to interfere with Honda's proven geometry, but as a reference of help, one of the most respected for these mods is Lust Racing:

There would probably be similar enterprises in USA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rearsets (correctly adjusted) would sit your feet in a lower position which is what I thought was your objective.

If you jacked up the rear of the bike in a reverse fashion of how they are lowered, by changing suspension linkage (dogbones) the will still adversely affect riding and steering geometry as well as raise the centre of gravity.

With greatest respect, I really do not understand why you would want to interfere with Honda's proven geometry, but as a reference of help, one of the most respected for these mods is Lust Racing:

There would probably be similar enterprises in USA.
Now that's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks a million my friend. Great job . I have purchased one on Ebay from Great Britain. I can wait to get it installed . Thanks again for your honesty and help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Cheers and my pleasure. I hope you don't get hit with big import tax or customs as I have when I've purchased parts from USA. I guess it's a small premium to pay when we can get exactly what we want.

I am interested to know how you found a 2001 bike with only 1800 miles? Like the the white wheels also. Are they 'Auctmarts' plastics on it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A neighbor had purchase the CBR929RR new. He went down on some gravel and the bike sat in his garage for 18 years. It was just my luck to get it from him. The title still said New with 0 miles. The front and side plastics was rashed on one side. So yes I have purchased a set from Auctmarts becuse I liked how it looked with the painted air ducts and painted front fender so I also painted the wheels white to make the wheels stand out more. Seen a D&D slip on for $100 and did hesitate to put it on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I don't think we have D & D in UK. $100 is a good price though and it looks a good unit.

Here, I'll remind you what black wheels look like 😃

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup.... makes the bike looks dull. It's like the white wheels adds a few more years to it. I must admit that it was a great choice. Looking to see what else could be done to spice up her life. Lol.... I wanted to change the signals but love the stock look on some bikes.She doesn't look like she been abused when u see the stock blinkers and stock license plate holder. In my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts