Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a CBR929RR or as it's known in Australia a 2001 CBR900RR Fireblade.

Just upgraded from a Suzuki GS500F, yet to get it beyond 6000rpm! This thing is an animal just begging for more throttle.

Anyway, the muffler is quite dull, just wondering what it is made out of, it it alluminium, steel, stainless steel or titanium?

I've attached a picture showing the muffler which has quite a dull finish, anyway to make it a bit shinier?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
welcome to the site! dont quote me on it but i think its an alloy. i dont think i would recommend trying to do any polishing. : ) im sure your loving it coming of the ole gs! altho the gs is a great bike in its own light its no fireblade! i think your best bet would be to check ebay for a nice condition used pipe. anything for the 929 or 954 will fit. i got a like new D&D for my 954 for 100$ shipped on ebay. the exhausts are getting harder to find for these bikes but you can still get a few. a nice yosh rs3 runs about 250 new. good luck on your search. youll love the way a nice aftermarket can sounds compared to the oem if you decide to go that route! : )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Had a quick look on ebay, nothing used in this part of the world and Yoshi's go for around $350, doesn't really seem worth the price so I think I'll stick with the stock and keep an eye out for a nice stainless steel pipe going second hand.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
a friend had a pipewerx on his zx6r and it had a great sound. im not saying there isnt any titanium in the can but if you look at your headers, that is titanium and the HTEV or honda titanium exhaust valve is titanium but id say the can is a aluminum steel alloy with a steel core.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Kev your totally correct, i'm thinking of my old ZX9r, which was a titanium can, and was stamped as such. BTW Aldmo87, the Hawk cans from Pipewerx are just as good/loud, just different outlet etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts