Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

After reading the FSM and doing some searching on the EGCV, I've come to ask if anyone has an idea on how to fix this position issue, or even if it makes any difference to the performance of the bike.

Basically, the EGCV will rotate to 180deg fine and I've aligned it to the mark using service mode. I've warmed the bike up and revved the bike to 3k RPM and the valve rotates to 0deg fine. But it seems no matter how much I adjust the cables the valve will never go back to 90deg, it always reverts to around 94deg every time.

I've checked the valves rotation manually and it seems smooth and I have no FI indication/error.

Just want to check if this can be corrected, or even if it's anything to worry about before I decide to bolt all the covers back on.

Cheers, Marc.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hey all,

After reading the FSM and doing some searching on the EGCV, I've come to ask if anyone has an idea on how to fix this position issue, or even if it makes any difference to the performance of the bike.

Basically, the EGCV will rotate to 180deg fine and I've aligned it to the mark using service mode. I've warmed the bike up and revved the bike to 3k RPM and the valve rotates to 0deg fine. But it seems no matter how much I adjust the cables the valve will never go back to 90deg, it always reverts to around 94deg every time.

I've checked the valves rotation manually and it seems smooth and I have no FI indication/error.

Just want to check if this can be corrected, or even if it's anything to worry about before I decide to bolt all the covers back on.

Cheers, Marc.

I can't see four-degrees causing any problems, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought so to bladeracer, just wanted to check anyway.

Wonder if the servo is starting to die, or a signal issue to the servo.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thought so to bladeracer, just wanted to check anyway.

Wonder if the servo is starting to die, or a signal issue to the servo.

Have you opened the servo up to see if the teeth are good?
Have you removed the airbox flap to reduce the load on the gears?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I haven't. I'll check those out when I next get time to work on it. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts