How do you know the tachometer works if you can't start the engine?Hello,
I have a Japanese version of 954 that `crashed from front.
,i bought a US version gauge with out Hiss. but now the bike dosen't have ignation and fuel pump work. te tacho work. dose any body know what other parts should i change to run?
You can start the engine without ignition or fuel pump?tnx.
when i turn on the switch, the tacho temp, km/h rpm, solid red light, solid green natural does works. there is not any hiss light on metter. i can start, all of the light work. but not pump and not ignation. i have the old PGM (hiss type) and same result.
is the hiss system on PGM and Tacho?
the bike was run. the fuel pomp work with battery separatly. the ECU (japanese says PGM program managment) that i bought was non Hiss type as the seller told me but i'm not sure, how can i know it? i don't have the original key and switch as those complettly crashed. just i bought a non Hiss switch with just 2 wire(or course my harness has 2 wires for switch too that i don't know is that same with Hiss model or not?)
is there any method to know if my ECU is hiss model or not?
is the Hiss ECU connect to the Key with wireless system?
the bike dosen't have right ignation with the US ECU and non Hiss Tacho also no pump working. as i told you the bike was hiss model but i order the ECU and Tacho from US. do i need to order the the US harness too?
i de attached the Hiss sensor too.
also do you know how can i jump the crash sensor angle? may that has problem on our crashed too.
1. The "3M" in the VIN indicates it's an '03 bike and the "21" of the engine number indicates second production year so the engine is also '03.Hello Friends,
after a month we got the US version wiring for the 954, but again no chance to run the bike.
from the 1th step:
1. we have a crashed 954 japan version with HISS security system. (chassis#: JH2 SC 50A 93M101 578 and Engine#: SC50E-2107776) may somebody say what is the year? 02 or 03?
2. we change the Tacho, ECU, wiring with US model. it bought from ebay.
3. when we turn on the switch the tacho, oil gauge, gas gauge, water temp, turn on. the red error is solid too.
4. the bike just start. with ECU, with out ECU!!!! no spark and no fuel pump work.
5. we use 2 ECU one from HISS (with out key) with P#: 38770-MCJ-D01 (ED) and one from US with P#: 38770-MCJ_L01 (AC) but in both ECU no running the engine and also i cannot reset the red error light (ECU) to tell me what is the error code.
6. the bike angle sensor is in short wiring and it work. also stop engine relay and other relay work too.
7. the great sound is: we change all wiring and ECU from a 929 and the 954 run great , so all sensors work too.
does some body have great suggestion?
1. Although it does sound odd, I've never removed the ECU and checked to see if the MIL is still on so it may be normal.1. the MIL is on always even when the ECU remove. i bridged the diagnostics connectors as manual wrote but no different, always turn on. just when i disconnect the oil pressure sensor the MIL turn off.
2. you mean mill error is from the guage error? should i change the gauge may be?
3. when we are using the US ECU so we don't need to use the HISS key. we are trying to us the non HISS model ECU.
4. the 929 ECU and harness work right just it is not mine and i have to give it back!
5. is it possible that we have faulty gauge so it dosen't run the ECU? or may be faulty ECU?
2. Do the harness and ECU both have the -L0x suffix?1.the 929 harness and ECU is HISS type and run on the 954.
2. the 954 harness and ECU that i bought from ebay. i don't know if it is california ver. or not.
3. the harness has O2 sensor that our bike dosen't have the sensor. i short it but nothing happened.
do you think it could be from non california ECU?
4. right now i have 3 ECU, one HISS, one non HISS, and one i don't know. there is two big letter on each ECU, AC or ED, do you think this is HISS, and NON HISS point?
5. with all of the ECU the error red light is same just solid, and when i want to short the test connector and diagnose nothing happened, does this sound is my sensors are all in good position?>
yes, the ebay ECU has L01 and AC, and the HISS type has D01 ED, ed should be from Japan, as all of these bikes come from UAE dubai and the importers there import mostly from japan.
so i will buy again a california ECU, may be goes right.
thanks so much for your info.
By an odd coincidence I just stumbled across some market codesOne day I'll find a list of the Market codes