Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a Japanese version of 954 that `crashed from front.
,i bought a US version gauge with out Hiss. but now the bike dosen't have ignation and fuel pump work. te tacho work. dose any body know what other parts should i change to run?

thanks

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hello,
I have a Japanese version of 954 that `crashed from front.
,i bought a US version gauge with out Hiss. but now the bike dosen't have ignation and fuel pump work. te tacho work. dose any body know what other parts should i change to run?

thanks
How do you know the tachometer works if you can't start the engine?
I would suggest you try an instrument cluster that does have HISS and see if that works.
I assume you do have the original chipped key for the bike?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tnx.
when i turn on the switch, the tacho temp, km/h rpm, solid red light, solid green natural does works. there is not any hiss light on metter. i can start, all of the light work. but not pump and not ignation. i have the old PGM (hiss type) and same result.
is the hiss system on PGM and Tacho?

thanks

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
tnx.
when i turn on the switch, the tacho temp, km/h rpm, solid red light, solid green natural does works. there is not any hiss light on metter. i can start, all of the light work. but not pump and not ignation. i have the old PGM (hiss type) and same result.
is the hiss system on PGM and Tacho?

thanks
You can start the engine without ignition or fuel pump?
As I asked before, do you have the original key that came with the bike?
The HISS is inside the ECU. If you don't have the original key then you will need to find another HISS ECU _including_ its original key.
What is a PGM?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bike was run. the fuel pomp work with battery separatly. the ECU (japanese says PGM program managment) that i bought was non Hiss type as the seller told me but i'm not sure, how can i know it? i don't have the original key and switch as those complettly crashed. just i bought a non Hiss switch with just 2 wire(or course my harness has 2 wires for switch too that i don't know is that same with Hiss model or not?)
is there any method to know if my ECU is hiss model or not?
is the Hiss ECU connect to the Key with wireless system?
thanks

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
the bike was run. the fuel pomp work with battery separatly. the ECU (japanese says PGM program managment) that i bought was non Hiss type as the seller told me but i'm not sure, how can i know it? i don't have the original key and switch as those complettly crashed. just i bought a non Hiss switch with just 2 wire(or course my harness has 2 wires for switch too that i don't know is that same with Hiss model or not?)
is there any method to know if my ECU is hiss model or not?
is the Hiss ECU connect to the Key with wireless system?
thanks

If the bike was running with external power to the fuel pump then it clearly does have ignition and spark and no problem with the HISS.
If you bought a non-HISS ECU (US or Canada) and it plugged into your harness okay then you must have a non-HISS bike?
Does it have the HISS sensor that goes around the ignition switch or at least the connector for it?
The chip in the key deactivates the HISS immobiliser when it is within 50mm of the HISS sensor (the collar around the ignition switch).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks larry,
the bike dosen't have right ignation with the US ECU and non Hiss Tacho also no pump working. as i told you the bike was hiss model but i order the ECU and Tacho from US. do i need to order the the US harness too?
i de attached the Hiss sensor too.
also do you know how can i jump the crash sensor angle? may that has problem on our crashed too.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
thanks larry,
the bike dosen't have right ignation with the US ECU and non Hiss Tacho also no pump working. as i told you the bike was hiss model but i order the ECU and Tacho from US. do i need to order the the US harness too?
i de attached the Hiss sensor too.
also do you know how can i jump the crash sensor angle? may that has problem on our crashed too.

As I said, if you've already had it running, then it's not a problem with the HISS. I didn't think the US ECU had the same connectors as the HISS ECU but you're saying you've already swapped it into the bike?
The wiring is certainly different though. If you want to run the US non-HISS ECU then you would need the US harness and ignition.
Be aware that the harnesses are also different between '02 and '03 models so get the right year.
I've never had to bypass a bank angle sensor but I think you need to connect the outside wires together. If you search the forums I'm sure it's been posted many times.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
how can i know if my ECU is non Hiss type with it's serial#?

I would think so but I don't know what the part numbers are.
I have a 954 US ECU which is part# 38770-MCJ-A01 if that helps.
I would _guess_ that 38770-MCJ-L01 is the Californian ECU.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Friends,

after a month we got the US version wiring for the 954, but again no chance to run the bike.
from the 1th step:

1. we have a crashed 954 japan version with HISS security system. (chassis#: JH2 SC 50A 93M101 578 and Engine#: SC50E-2107776) may somebody say what is the year? 02 or 03?
2. we change the Tacho, ECU, wiring with US model. it bought from ebay.
3. when we turn on the switch the tacho, oil gauge, gas gauge, water temp, turn on. the red error is solid too.
4. the bike just start. with ECU, with out ECU!!!! no spark and no fuel pump work.
5. we use 2 ECU one from HISS (with out key) with P#: 38770-MCJ-D01 (ED) and one from US with P#: 38770-MCJ_L01 (AC) but in both ECU no running the engine and also i cannot reset the red error light (ECU) to tell me what is the error code.
6. the bike angle sensor is in short wiring and it work. also stop engine relay and other relay work too.
7. the great sound is: we change all wiring and ECU from a 929 and the 954 run great , so all sensors work too.

does some body have great suggestion?

thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Friends,

after a month we got the US version wiring for the 954, but again no chance to run the bike.
from the 1th step:

1. we have a crashed 954 japan version with HISS security system. (chassis#: JH2 SC 50A 93M101 578 and Engine#: SC50E-2107776) may somebody say what is the year? 02 or 03?
3. when we turn on the switch the tacho, oil gauge, gas gauge, water temp, turn on. the red error is solid too.
4. the bike just start. with ECU, with out ECU!!!! no spark and no fuel pump work.
5. we use 2 ECU one from HISS (with out key) with P#: 38770-MCJ-D01 (ED) and one from US with P#: 38770-MCJ_L01 (AC) but in both ECU no running the engine and also i cannot reset the red error light (ECU) to tell me what is the error code.
6. the bike angle sensor is in short wiring and it work. also stop engine relay and other relay work too.
7. the great sound is: we change all wiring and ECU from a 929 and the 954 run great , so all sensors work too.

thanks

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hello Friends,

from the 1th step:

thanks
1. The "3M" in the VIN indicates it's an '03 bike and the "21" of the engine number indicates second production year so the engine is also '03.
3. If the MIL is on then you need to bridge the diagnostics connector and pull the error codes.
4. Quite likely because of the MIL error.
5. If you don't have the key matching the HISS ECU then of course it is not going to start. The L01 ECU sounds like a Californian ECU so maybe the MIL is related to not having the O2 sensor?
7. I don't understand - if the bike runs great what exactly are you asking for suggestion about?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks,

1. The "3M" in the VIN indicates it's an '03 bike and the "21" of the engine number indicates second production year so the engine is also '03.
3. If the MIL is on then you need to bridge the diagnostics connector and pull the error codes.
4. Quite likely because of the MIL error.
5. If you don't have the key matching the HISS ECU then of course it is not going to start. The L01 ECU sounds like a Californian ECU so maybe the MIL is related to not having the O2 sensor?
7. I don't understand - if the bike runs great what exactly are you asking for suggestion about?
1. the MIL is on always even when the ECU remove. i bridged the diagnostics connectors as manual wrote but no different, always turn on. just when i disconnect the oil pressure sensor the MIL turn off.
2. you mean mill error is from the guage error? should i change the gauge may be?
3. when we are using the US ECU so we don't need to use the HISS key. we are trying to us the non HISS model ECU.
4. the 929 ECU and harness work right just it is not mine and i have to give it back!
5. is it possible that we have faulty gauge so it dosen't run the ECU? or may be faulty ECU?

thanks

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
1. the MIL is on always even when the ECU remove. i bridged the diagnostics connectors as manual wrote but no different, always turn on. just when i disconnect the oil pressure sensor the MIL turn off.
2. you mean mill error is from the guage error? should i change the gauge may be?
3. when we are using the US ECU so we don't need to use the HISS key. we are trying to us the non HISS model ECU.
4. the 929 ECU and harness work right just it is not mine and i have to give it back!
5. is it possible that we have faulty gauge so it dosen't run the ECU? or may be faulty ECU?

thanks
1. Although it does sound odd, I've never removed the ECU and checked to see if the MIL is still on so it may be normal.
2. The gauges have nothing to do with the MIL error other than showing the indicator light to let you know that there is a problem. If you have another instrument cluster you could try it just to rule out the light itself being faulty but I would expect it to be off rather than on if that were the case.
3. Yes, I understand that. You are using the US wiring harness as well? Is the harness a Californian harness as well?
4. The 929 ECU and harness are HISS or US items?
5. Yes, it is possible the ECU is faulty I guess but the only way to confirm that is to try another identical known good ECU. The gauges aren't relevant as the bike will operate perfectly fine without the instrument cluster at all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1.the 929 harness and ECU is HISS type and run on the 954.
2. the 954 harness and ECU that i bought from ebay. i don't know if it is california ver. or not.
3. the harness has O2 sensor that our bike dosen't have the sensor. i short it but nothing happened.
do you think it could be from non california ECU?
4. right now i have 3 ECU, one HISS, one non HISS, and one i don't know. there is two big letter on each ECU, AC or ED, do you think this is HISS, and NON HISS point?
5. with all of the ECU the error red light is same just solid, and when i want to short the test connector and diagnose nothing happened, does this sound is my sensors are all in good position?>

thanks again.
:welcome:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
1.the 929 harness and ECU is HISS type and run on the 954.
2. the 954 harness and ECU that i bought from ebay. i don't know if it is california ver. or not.
3. the harness has O2 sensor that our bike dosen't have the sensor. i short it but nothing happened.
do you think it could be from non california ECU?
4. right now i have 3 ECU, one HISS, one non HISS, and one i don't know. there is two big letter on each ECU, AC or ED, do you think this is HISS, and NON HISS point?
5. with all of the ECU the error red light is same just solid, and when i want to short the test connector and diagnose nothing happened, does this sound is my sensors are all in good position?>

thanks again.
:welcome:
2. Do the harness and ECU both have the -L0x suffix?
3. The harness is a Californian one then. Without the sensor you would need to get a sensor eliminator from Dynojet but that won't prevent the bike from running.
4. The letters should be market indiactors. AC is US I think, ED I don't know but perhaps Germany?
5. To short the diagnostics connector the kill switch must be on and I think the sidestand must be down so I guess if either of those is faulty that would prevent it throwing the codes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes, the ebay ECU has L01 and AC, and the HISS type has D01 ED, ed should be from Japan, as all of these bikes come from UAE dubai and the importers there import mostly from japan.
so i will buy again a california ECU, may be goes right.

thanks so much for your info.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
yes, the ebay ECU has L01 and AC, and the HISS type has D01 ED, ed should be from Japan, as all of these bikes come from UAE dubai and the importers there import mostly from japan.
so i will buy again a california ECU, may be goes right.

thanks so much for your info.

One day I'll find a list of the Market codes :)
I'd be very surprised if the ECU is the problem. They do fail but it's not common.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
One day I'll find a list of the Market codes :)
By an odd coincidence I just stumbled across some market codes :)
A = US
AC = California
E = UK
G = Germany
F = France
U = Australia/New Zealand
SW = Switzerland
MX = Mexico
ED = Europe (Holland/Spain/Greece/Belgium/Portugal/Italy)
SD = Sweden
AR = Austria
ND = Northern Europe (Norway/Finland/Denmark)
BR = Brazil
CM = Canada
IT = Italy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts