Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body with wisdom prepared to help?
I have a 954 03 model, was cutting out when I stopped after a hard ride. Battery usually also drained. Was informed to replace the rectifier. I bought a second hand one but the cables were too short. Bike shop said just cut and lengthen which I meticulously did. Now my bike wont start. It primes, lights gauges everything turns on but the motor wont turn over. Ho and I also replace with a new battery.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Any body with wisdom prepared to help?
I have a 954 03 model, was cutting out when I stopped after a hard ride. Battery usually also drained. Was informed to replace the rectifier. I bought a second hand one but the cables were too short. Bike shop said just cut and lengthen which I meticulously did. Now my bike wont start. It primes, lights gauges everything turns on but the motor wont turn over. Ho and I also replace with a new battery.
The charging system has nothing at all to do with starting or running the engine, all it does is charge the battery.
How much voltage have you got at the battery terminals and what does it drop to when you press the starter button?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry bud I only ride bikes, so let me say I haven't even checked that will be the first thing I will check immediately. Any other suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks mate, I got the bike running. BUT the original problem still persists.
If I have ridden for 10min and the bike has heated up, stopping results in immediate engine stall. Any advise?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks will have it checked out and get back. Oh I have a pc111 on my bike could this perhaps be the cause?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thanks will have it checked out and get back. Oh I have a pc111 on my bike could this perhaps be the cause?

If the engine is not turning over on the starter motor then it's a problem in the starter circuit, nothing to do with ignition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks very much for your assistance. However I may have been bit unclear as to the actual problem. Sorry - The bike is running now, with the new rectifier in, however I took it for a test earlier, rode for 10 mins, as soon as the bike was heated up it cut out at the first opportunity that I stopped. It starts very easily there after, previously it killed my battery.

Hope that helps, maybe suggestions? Thanks bud.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whatever happened with this? My cbr 954 is having the same problem. I have replaced the battery, the stator, and the rectifier/ regulator. My bike will still not start. Before it was intermittently cutting out while riding and would kill the battery (two of them now, on my third).

This is driving my fuc%in nuts! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts