Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Check your fuel pressure regulator on the left side of the fuel rail. Pull the rubber hose off the left side and turn on the key to cycle the fuel pump. If fuel drips out of the curved pipe on the FPR then its bad. When the FPR fails it dumps excess fuel into cylinders 1&4 through the vacuum lines and the fuel will leak past the piston rings into the crankcase.
This makes logic. Only path I can see for fuel to get where it's going.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hello, for anyone that references back. The 954 has no issues now, fork seals are starting to go out - that’s not a related problem. Put down a total of 100 miles before the end of this year’s season, I’m calling it for 2020. Starting to get colder up in the Midwest. Replaced the fuel regulator and the fuel pump. The 2 main issues, the regulator was dumping fuel down into the crank and the pump was corroded from old gas that had dried up. The two combined caused the whole tank to drain out into the crank. I figured out the pump 2 miles into a ride after the fuel reg placement when it blew and wouldn’t prime. Cleaned the tank out with a microfiber and fresh gas + replaced the fuel pump got the 954 out of the garage.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts