Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi bladers

I'm having trouble about placing the fuel pump into the fuel tank. I've put and tightened up the nuts in the correct sequence and torque (shown in service manual 9 lb-ft).

The problem is after placing the pump, gas is leaking and I don't how 'cuz I'm doing things well.

Any advice would be considered.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi bladers

I'm having trouble about placing the fuel pump into the fuel tank. I've put and tightened up the nuts in the correct sequence and torque (shown in service manual 9 lb-ft).

The problem is after placing the pump, gas is leaking and I don't how 'cuz I'm doing things well.

Any advice would be considered.

1st off were exactly is it leaking from? your sure its not coming out your overflow? 2nd i wld go to a honda dealer and buy a new gaskett for around the fuel pump were it to bolts to the tank. it should be a pretty straight forward job if all your doing is swaping the pump.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think is the gasket, I ordered one. The leaking is coming from the one side of the pump. I took the pump out due to I was paiting and cleaning the tank.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just cleaned my fuel pump no more than a week ago and it kept leaking. I just went to oreillys and got gasket sealant for 11$ and sealed it. I was too impatient. Applied it, 30 minutes later I'm driving around and no leaks and no problems. Just my 2 cents

1 - 4 of 4 Posts