Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had quite a few bikes over the years, last count this cbr954rr is number 23.

I have never had a bike that has bit me.

The design of the 954 seems not to be good for short riders. I am 5 foot 7, and with all bikes I sit right up against the fuel tank. However the way the subframe is on the 954, my thighs took a beating on the first 2 days of riding. Bike maxed out at 104c on a 30c degree day, fan came on, no issues there. I was wearing jeans on the first day, and leathers on the 2nd day.

Check out the blisters!!

Guess I will be riding with my legs apart haha

I will be applying some foam adhesive on the subframe where my thighs are touching.

Or anyone else got a better solution? Yes I do wear leathers!

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have never had that issues and do a lot of track days with legs close to tank on straight and i am 180 cm.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
The other thing you could do is put plastic grip patches on the sides of the tank or maybe also on the frame if that's where most contact takes place. Takes the strain off your wedding tackle under hard braking. You could also raise the footrests....

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I know the frame gets hot but surely no blisteringly so. I did get blisters when I bought new leather where they rubbed but never in 22 years of ‘Blade owning have I got burnt by one!

·
Registered
66 Posts
There is a rubber mat that sits above the head of the engine, just behind the steering head. I think it is there to stop the heat rising from the exhausts/radiator and heating the airbox.
Check to see if it is still there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts