Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am looking to replace the radiator on my CBR954RR, sourcing a second hand replacement radiator seems to be a problem around here. I know I can use a CBR929RR or a CBR600 F4i radiator with some modifications to the hoses and possibly blanking off a fan switch. To what I can see I reckon I can use even use the radiator off a 2003 onwards CBR600RR. Does anyone know of anything else I can possibly look at?

Thanks.

Jacques.

·
Registered
199 Posts
For my experience, I put CBR1000rr 06 on CBR929rr, the exhaust header is so wide will touch your front wheel. dangerous! you should custom the header pipes..

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
There's a few options on ebay for a straight 954 radiator. The 929 should be a straight fit IIRC, only difference being the temp sensor for the fan.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a few options on ebay for a straight 954 radiator. The 929 should be a straight fit IIRC, only difference being the temp sensor for the fan.
Shops on ebay.co.uk/com are not always very keen to ship to South Africa, and if they are willing they usually charge more than what the value of the item is. Thus I am mostly stuck trying to source local equivelant for replacement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can the one you have be repaired at a local shop, Maybe?
No, I am pretty sure it is way beyond repair. There are holes in it big enough to put my finger through and it has been crumpled on the one side. Definitively a replacement is needed.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Any garages around you could take the rad to, show them the sizes, and see if they can get a rad from another bike that's about the same size and get some mounting brackets welded onto it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts