Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a clue how I can fix the trunk section on the tail of my 954?
I put the key in and turn it, but it doesn't release the trunk (rear seat) to open. How do I get to the underneath??
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would have to take off the outer fairing to get to the inside. Did you try giving your seat a good thud while turning the key , sometimes they get stuck.
I did try that and it didn't work for me. So I need to take off the whole rear section?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
sometimes mine gets stuck if i put a bunch of stuff in there. if i lean down on it putting pressure straight down and turn the key it opens up.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Wot Kevin said, also get some lock graphite spray and keep it lubed, can be a right dirt magnet where it is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sometimes mine gets stuck if i put a bunch of stuff in there. if i lean down on it putting pressure straight down and turn the key it opens up.
Thank you, I'll try this again. Maybe I wasn't putting enough pressure down on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I got the same problem on my SC28: can't open the lock on the rear cover.
I lost my original key, ordered a new set at the dealership.
New keys work on the ignition, but not on the rear trunk.
Is there a way to get underneath in the trunk without a key?
Just underneath the rear of the pillion seat there are 2 screws that are unreachable without damaging the rear seat.
Any advise or help is welcome :)

Rudi

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hi,
I got the same problem on my SC28: can't open the lock on the rear cover.
I lost my original key, ordered a new set at the dealership.
New keys work on the ignition, but not on the rear trunk.
Is there a way to get underneath in the trunk without a key?
Just underneath the rear of the pillion seat there are 2 screws that are unreachable without damaging the rear seat.
Any advise or help is welcome :)

Rudi
See post #4 but I still don't know if you can get in there. There are two bolts at the very end of the tail under the seat. Dunno

1 - 11 of 11 Posts