Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to have a shop install a APE CCT on it, while it was there for a valve check and tires.

I'm pretty sure the shop overtightend the CCT bolt on the tensioner, when I rode from the shop I heard and noticed a high pitch almost R/C car sound. Upset, I decided to finally do my own work on my bike. ( Which I always do now) I backed out like a quarter of a turn. Decided that sounded better, rev'd the engine and listened for any timing chain slap and locked the lock nut down with thread locker. Fast forward to almost a year later. I've had a strange " buzz" while in gear throughout the RPM band 3-5k+. Some shops just sit there and rev it and say it sounds " normal" without riding it.

It has gotten persistently louder over time. I've tried redoing all my adjustments to basically a fresh install with almost zero pressure on the CCT then turning it a quarter turn and reving. These adjustments had very little effect on the noise. The engine rev's strong in my opinion. Ironically about 90% of the noise disappears when I clutch in. Someone suggested a noisy " clutch basket" or the springs.

What's the best way to inspect the timing chain guides?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well there are two bearings in the clutch on that. Maybe one of those is your noise the inner one is in stock @ partzilla so they must sell it once in a while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts