Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAMMIT. I got inspired after the Nicky vid, but can't find my Phil Collins CD...a clear sign the current system has broke down.

I'm looking for a nice clean way of storing a large number of CDs and DVDs...on the order of 750 CDs and maybe 100 DVDs.

Anybody got/seen good solutions?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I'll get stoned for this, but get a couple of jukeboxes and problem solved...

Edit:
NDD beat me to it... :clap:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get some Sony mega changers and slave them together.
No.

No HD based media centers either. The stuff I've seen that could do enough music/video to high enough quality gets into multiple thousand dollars.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, got a few of those, never unpacked from the last move. Cussing as I went through them was the impetus for this thread. :D

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I think I'm the only person in the world that actually likes the CD jukebox thing... ignorance is bliss... :D

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Well, then this is what we were talking about wanting a Mercedes, but not wanting to pay for it.

Just alphabetize your damn mess of CDs, problem solved.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but your Toshiba DVD player ain't that preppy.
Nope, mildly ghetto in fact. The cables hooking it in to the system cost more than the player.

But I'm going to be upgrading that, waiting on some format stuff that's happening (blu laser/HD DVD etc etc)...and one of those jukeboxes is not going to be any kind of upgrade.

I think I'm the only person in the world that actually likes the CD jukebox thing... ignorance is bliss... :D
My Dad has one, and for him it is awesome.

As NDD alluded too...I'm a bit too um, haughty, about my rig to buy that for the current set-up.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
The 400 CD is around $175...the DVD around $400...so $750 bones gets you 1200 searchable, accessable slots....what's not to like? :idunno:

*If you like a more highbrow player, then just use them for storage and access. I have an audiophile bud that does just that. The jukebox stack lets him conveniently retrieve any disc...;)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, then this is what we were talking about wanting a Mercedes, but not wanting to pay for it.

Just alphabetize your damn mess of CDs, problem solved.
That is what I'm asking, where to put the alphabetized media.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Sounds like you need something really high tech, like say a shelving unit... ;)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
*If you like a more highbrow player, then just use them for storage and access. I have an audiophile bud that does just that. The jukebox stack lets him conveniently retrieve any disc...;)
NDD just called me and reminded me I could use the raw output from the slaved jukeboxes and run it into an outboard DAC.

That is a very good idea.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
You know, if you are worried about clock rate slew, you could always get really nerdy and replace the clock crystal in the jukebox with an input from an Agilent Time Source.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
And best of all, the JB's come in really big cardboard boxes... :eyebrows:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts