Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question for a maintenance newbie.....

I have a cbr1000rr, and according to the service manual to adjust the chain, you can do it on the side stand.

Is this correct? I thought that a chain adjustment would require me to have the rear wheel off the ground.

I haven't done it yet, but would like to. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Its easier if the bike is on a stand with the rear wheel up. You can get to the adjuster easier.

Just keep the adjusting bolts even by couting ht points or flats turned. You should only need to go 1 or 2 flats to adjust for normal wear.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Do youself a favour and get a paddock stand,youcan adjust the chain easier,clean your back wheel easier,check for nails screws etc stuck in yor wheel(tyre) and do a general inspection of your rear tyre etc etc its well worth it,
Cheers
Chukky:thumb:

·
Registered
310 Posts
In the middle of the chain from sprocket to sprocket the chain should have a total play of +- 44mm,that includes movement up and down.So if you were to take the chain beteen your fingers and push it up and then down,that play from top to bottom should not be more or LESS that 44mm

·
Registered
65 Posts
yes as said by others u can adjust it on the sidestand, but get a paddock stand, you can do it easier and use it for other things too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts