Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just finished changing the chain and sprockets on my 97 cbr 900 rr and i had to run to a couple different locations to find all the useful information for it so i thought i would put it all in one post for anyone who searches in the future.

Stock Front Sprocket Size: 16t
Front Sprocket Nut Socket Size: 14mm
Front Sprocket Nut Torque: 40 ft/lb

Stock Rear Sprocket Size: 43t
Rear Sprocket Nut Socket Size: 19mm
Rear Sprocket Nut Torque: 80 ft/lb

Axle Nut Socket Size: 27mm
Axel Socket Size: 22mm
Rear Axle Nut Torque: 69 ft/lb

I wouldn't recommend an adjustable wrench on either of these because there's a high probability you will round the corners.

Stock Chain Size: 525 chain, 108 links
520, 525 and 530 chain all have the same pitch, only difference is in chain width.

Let me know if you think there's anything I've missed.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,336 Posts
I just finished changing the chain and sprockets on my 97 cbr 900 rr and i had to run to a couple different locations to find all the useful information for it so i thought i would put it all in one post for anyone who searches in the future.

Stock Front Sprocket Size: 16t
Front Sprocket Nut Socket Size: 14mm

Stock Rear Sprocket Size: 43t
Rear Sprocket Nut Socket Size: 19mm
Axle Nut Socket Size: 27mm
Axel Socket Size: 22mm

I wouldn't recommend an adjustable wrench on either of these because there's a high probability you will round the corners.

Stock Chain Size: 525 chain, 108 links
520, 525 and 530 chain all have the same pitch, only difference is in chain width.

Let me know if you think there's anything I've missed.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

A great addition to the OP would be the torque specs for all the nuts and bolts listed. Also, I believe those numbers are the same 92-99. Great post :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts