Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Remeber this? LINK

Well, the asbestos suit is donned, because I'm putting together an order for a new duty weapon. Yep, a GLOCK (you plastic fans listening?). Should get the order in by week's end. I'll be retiring my venerable Beretta 92FS which I've carried as my primary duty weapon for the last 14 years and will be toting this instead:

-GLOCK model 21C (.45 ACP) :guns:
-Meprolight True-Dot Night Sights
-Streamlight M3 Tactical Gun Mount Illuminator

(and new leather gear to go along with it all)

Part of my decision making process was the deadly shooting a co-worker of mine was involved in a few days before Christmas (our department's 12th fatal shooting in the last 10 years). He carries a G21 and dumped the baddie pretty easily.

http://www.theomahachannel.com/news/4005609/detail.html

I simply don't have the confidence in my Nine that I used to....

Anyway, flame on boys. You can say, "I told you so!" :smilebig:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Classic!

It's fitting that you'd be first to see/post here after my announcement, willi. :D

Nope, unless you came on the job before Jan. 1, 1996 (and are grandfathered to carry SIG, S&W, and Beretta), the Glock is the only choice.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SilverBullet said:
I thought you had bought more pipes......lol But then again, most could see that happening too. :D
Someone will surely think I've traded my busa and come running in here only to become totally deflated at the news. :)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
More and more .45's are finding their way back into the holsters of military people that can make that choice. The complaint is the 9mm doesn't stop people quick enough.

It seems to me the military figured this out 100 years ago but forgot.

I've never been involved in a "real" shooting, where people got shot, but I've shot 9mm's and .45's a bunch recreationally, and a .45 has a heck of a lot more effect than a 9mm on target.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
but why the "C" model? That doesn't compute for me as a carry gun.

And yeah, I thought you had gotten more pipes or a Tuono or something... It truely was my bday a few days back though to see you give in to the dark side. :evilaugh:

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
:crying: Im so proud :crying: My little boy has finally come around. Chain you will Dig the Glock especially with the light on it. I have always carried my GLocks (now Kimber) with an M3 light on it. It makes clearing a house or building so much easier. Now you will have some that say the "C" model will blind you at night and blah blah blah, but when shooting good grade defense ammo, there is minimal flash out of the top, and certainly no more than out of the muzzle. Im guessing you got the 6280 holster as well. That is the only belt holster I know of that will accomidate it (by Safariland anyway) and it may take a bit to get used to the hood if you arent accustomed to it, but after hitting the range and doing some clearing/reloading drills, its a great rig.

Also, look into a Glock 30 as a backup/off duty. The benefit of this as a back up is that the 21 mags will directly feed the 30.
Chris

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ccwilli3 said:
but why the "C" model? That doesn't compute for me as a carry gun.
I've owned both ported and unported pistols and to me, even a slight reduction in muzzle rise is worth the extra cost. Less muzzle flip translates into less time off target.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
firedawgon929 said:
Seriously, I thought you'd gotten a new bike ... it's about the correct "chain turnover time" right about now.
You, sheep, Silver and TGZ all go to the corner of the class and put on the Dunce Cap. :rasp:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
NinerPilot said:
:crying: Im so proud :crying: My little boy has finally come around. Chain you will Dig the Glock especially with the light on it. I have always carried my GLocks (now Kimber) with an M3 light on it. It makes clearing a house or building so much easier. Now you will have some that say the "C" model will blind you at night and blah blah blah, but when shooting good grade defense ammo, there is minimal flash out of the top, and certainly no more than out of the muzzle. Im guessing you got the 6280 holster as well. That is the only belt holster I know of that will accomidate it (by Safariland anyway) and it may take a bit to get used to the hood if you arent accustomed to it, but after hitting the range and doing some clearing/reloading drills, its a great rig.

Also, look into a Glock 30 as a backup/off duty. The benefit of this as a back up is that the 21 mags will directly feed the 30.
Chris
Yeah, that's the holster I am ordering. I actually have the same style rig for my Beretta (with the swinging top strap), so the transition will be pretty seamless.

As for backup guns, my official reply is I don't carry one. :evilaugh:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts