Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I know this must've been asked a lot, but, what is the best combination of sprockets for an '10 Blade? i want to optimize both accelertion and top speed and not have any consequential loss on either..And what make? Does it make sense to replce the stock chain? What does 520, 525, 530 mean? and what are there advantages?:idunno::confused:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
If you gear it for more acceleration, you will lose top speed. If you gear for more top speed, you will lose acceleration. (I don't know if the top speed is limited on the 2010 Blade).

I wouldn't have thought the 2010 Blade was short on either of those as standard. I personally wouldn't change the stock chain and sprockets until they were worn out. I'm sure others will have other views.

·
Registered
238 Posts
520 525 and 530 is telling you how wide your sprockets and chain are
the chain and sprockets need to be the same size to work properly,
so dont mix and match and then go out for a ride.

520 is the thinner of the three, one step up from that being the 525, and then finally the 530 being the thickest and heaviest of the three.

A 520 setup with an aluminum rear sprocket would weigh 2-3 pounds less than a 530 setup with a steel rear sprocket, meaning your bike would accelerate faster since your engine dont have to turn over so much weight.

the downside of this being an aluminum rear sprocket is alot easier to break teeth off of, and unless you buy a top rated chain its probably going to stretch alot with your bike having so much torque.

hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts