Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 387 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a fast car in the worst way. I just need to find something that will be fairly reliable, gets better than 9 miles to the gallon, can survive an occasional snow day, will fit around my 6'3", 215 pound body, and costs no more than about $35K OTD.

Please note the gratuitous Fireblades.org plug. ;)

http://chainstretcher.blogspot.com

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Evolution. I nearly bought it without hesitation over the STi, but when it came time to take delivery I decided I didn't want anything to do with the boy-racer BS that comes with owning either of them.
Get a less expensive sleeper that you can mod without breaking the bank and your car.
The Mazda 6s is actually a pretty decent car, especially considering the price. I'd get the s over the MzdaSpeed version, but there is that option as well.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I think everyone knows my stance on which car to buy

STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi STi

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Evo X (preferred) or STi.

If you could stretch it to $40k, Ford has their new supercharged stang coming out, but it will get shitty gas milage.

A 350Z with some parts might fit the bill too.

Or if you're willing to do used, an M3.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
BDA116 said:
Evolution. I nearly bought it without hesitation over the STi, but when it came time to take delivery I decided I didn't want anything to do with the boy-racer BS that comes with owning either of them...
:thumb: While I would love one, all the ricer crowd would expect too much out of me. All set with that. Personally I'd get an older car, something with a V8(most fast V8 cars get far better than 9 mpg). That's what I want, a rumble and a roar, not something that sounds like my bike.

For me, I'd get an early 90's Notchback 5.0 Mustang....oh the possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Haven't we already done this thread Chain?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Maybe Mo Noyz will grace you with his opinion on this matter, if not shoot him a PM as he has test drove like every car on the market and can provide a good (although probably filled with political non-sense) opinion that may help

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
luvtolean said:
Haven't we already done this thread Chain?
:rotfl: Only a few times, but you know me!

Phobe et al: I believe the STi comes as close to anything out there, given the stated parameters. The irk I have is, I think Subu took a step back with the '06 redesign (I like the mug of the '05 variant better).

Other thoughts STi?

While the wing is preposterous, I think I could get over the Boy Racer looks of the car given its savage performance (remember, you're dealing with a guy who learned to love a Hayabusa).

Anyone think I'll fit in the damned thing?

Is an AWD turbocar something a guy could drive every day?

Is reliability an issue with the Subaru (or the Mistu for that matter)?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
You'll fit in it.

Take the wing off and e-bay it.

My SVO isn't AWD, but it's a turbo 4 and it's no problem as a daily driver.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Chain said:
What the hell do I do with the threaded bosses left behind in the deck lid?
Goto a bodyshop...or find a person without a wing to trade hatches with.

1 - 20 of 387 Posts