Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´ve bought som blue LEDs for the gauge cluster, instead of the yellow ones.
But when I took it apart, I couldn´t reach all of the LEDs because of the RPM disc and the screen.
And I didn´t want to take to much apart, in case I broke anything.
So my question is, has anyone tried the same, and give som hints how to take it apart?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've done it on my 929 and it wasn't very fun... The LED's are very small and hard to get to. U have to disassemble the whole thing. Take your needle off and your rpm disc. Some of the LED's are hard to get to, u will see why once u take everything apart. I didn't take off my digital readout cluster because it didn't appear to come off unless you had some extensive training in computer parts. I'll warn you now, I believe there is a total of 14 LED's in the cluster and when I changed em out only 3 of the 14 worked.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have taken the whole thiong apart, and it looked VERY difficult.
Think I´ll skip my next attempt, and live with the yellow ones

·
Registered
253 Posts
I tried the same with my 929, and cracked my LCD in the process, i would not recommend it to anyone.

in hindsight, i thought i should have taked the clocks and new LEDs to a electrical repair shop and the would have had a better chance

·
Registered
219 Posts
Its a huge pain in the a$$ just do a search on the site. Plenty of peeps have done it including myself not worth it just send it to bluegauges

·
Registered
253 Posts
Didn't you test them out before hand? :rolleyes:
twin, they are about 3mmX3mm squares and they solder staight onto the PCB so you cant "plug them in" and check them.

they are a rite pain, there is a couple behind the LCD too, you have to remove the LCD to get to them, i cracked my LCD in the process:crying:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
twin, they are about 3mmX3mm squares and they solder staight onto the PCB so you cant "plug them in" and check them.

they are a rite pain, there is a couple behind the LCD too, you have to remove the LCD to get to them, i cracked my LCD in the process:crying:
They look really cool, but I was wondering as to the hassle involved with the instalation, and now from what you're saying its a bit of a mare:eek:

·
Registered
7,366 Posts

Ahh thought they were the standard size - my mistake :thumb:

How many volts go through them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts